21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes for Diwali – 2015

21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes for Diwali – 2015 are a buffet of delicious and easy recipes from India from Appetizers, Entree to Sides (bread/Rice). We have them all in one place for ready use.

Diwali (The festival of Lights) is one of the biggest festival celebrated by Indians in India and all over the world. It’s when the entire country (India) is dressed with shimmering, colorful lights, houses are adorned with flowers and beautiful rangoli (colorful tattoos made on floors) are seen in many houses. The celebrations actually start 4-5 days before the actual date of Diwali (Nov 11, 2015) with parties/get-together and lots of fun.The main focus all the while is on ‘food’ and ‘clothes’ (As on this particular festival, we all wear new clothes).21-Fingerlicking-Indian-Recipes-Diwali

Hence, I wanted to dedicate this particular post (21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes for Diwali-2015) about some awesomely delicious recipes that you can make for your parties or a cozy comfort food at home with family. This post is also particularly special as I’ve couple of my food blogger friends sharing their delightful recipes too – For which I’m really Thankful to them & Lots of Hugs 🙂
 So here we go: Enjoy

First Round: Appetizers/Snacks
best-Indian-RecipesVodka-Gol-GappaVodka Gol-Gappa (Savory Vodka Snack)

keema-samosaKeema Samosa (Mince Samosa)

Potli-samosaBaked Potli Samosa (Stuffed Pots)

Mughlai-Lamb-Shami-KebabMughlai Lamb Shami Kebabs

dal-vadaSpicy Dal Vada (Lentil Fritters – Glutenfree/Vegan)

dahi-ke-kababDahi ke Kabab (Potato Yogurt Kabab)

Second Round: Entree/Main Course
indian-entree-recipes
lauki-kofta-curry
Lauki Kofta (Indian Bottle Guard Dumpling in Curry)

Pindi-cholePindi Chole (Garbanzo Beans in Spicy Thick Sauce)

paneer-tikkaPaneer Tikka Masala (Cottage Cheese in Spicy Tikka Flavor)

dal-fryRestaurent Style Mixed Dal Tadka (Mixed Lentil tempered with ghee & spices)

paneer-makhniHealthy Paneer Makhni (Cottage Cheese in Gravy)
 spicy-indian-chickenAchari Chicken (Chicken in Spicy Indian Pickle Mix)

Chicken_FryChicken Fry (Chicken Sauteed in Spices)

Chicken-kofta-curry -easycookingwithmollyChicken Kofta Curry (Chicken Meatballs in Spicy Indian Curry)

Third Round: Sides (Roti/Bread/Rice)
Indian-roti

mint-pulaoSpicy Mint Pulao/Pilaf

kachoriMatar ki Khasta Kachori (Green Pea Stuffed Fried Puffs)

21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes DiwaliBesan ki Roti (Chickpea Flour Bread – Vegan & Glutenfree)

homemade-Tandoori RotiStovetop Tandoori Roti

Instant-nanInstant Nan in under 30 mins

Punjabi-Aloo-ParathaPunjabi Aloo Paratha (Stuffed Potato Bread)

quick-biryaniQuick Vegetable Biryani

I hope you enjoy all these 21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes for Diwali – 2015 recipes as we do – definitely, give them a try. Please stay tuned for our special round of ‘Indian Sweets’ coming this Monday (Nov 09, 2015).

Connect with Me Here:  Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+

On behalf of Me & My Food Blogger Friends :

* Wish You & Your Loved One’s a Very Happy n Beautiful Diwali *
(Be Safe & Careful when lighting candles/diya’s/crackers)

French Country (1)

36 Replies to "21 Fingerlicking Indian Recipes for Diwali - 2015"

• comment-avatar
    Boastful Food November 7, 2015 (1:20 am)
    Thanks for sharing such great recipes! I love trying new flavors and Indian cuisine has so many great spices and ingredients.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:52 pm)
      I'm glad you liked the recipes, indeed their are tons of spices and each dish has its unique flavor. Hope you enjoy them all :)
  • comment-avatar
    Framed Recipes November 7, 2015 (2:20 am)
    Amazing collection of recipes Molly. Thank you! - Sreelatha
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:51 pm)
      Thanks Sreelatha and Loved sharing your recipe.
  • comment-avatar
    AiPing | Curious Nut November 7, 2015 (2:46 am)
    One of my fav festival. In Malaysia, during Deepavali, I'll eat hoards and hoards of muruku, all the curry I can get my hand on... gah varuval and mutton curry's my favorite. Honestly, I have Indian in my blood. Really. :p Your list looks fabulous. Yum!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:51 pm)
      Hahahha, Thanks AiPing. I do love Malaysian food. I think the spices and cooking techniques of many dishes are so similar that we tend to love each other food.
  • comment-avatar
    Whitney @ That Square Plate November 7, 2015 (4:25 am)
    I love Indian food, but I hardly cook it! I'll need to scope through these recipes and find a yummy one (or few) to try!! They all look so yummy!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:49 pm)
      Awee, thanks Whitney, I hope you make couple of them soon :)
  • comment-avatar
    Mark, CompassandFork November 7, 2015 (8:28 am)
    Molly, great collection of recipes and photos for Diwali. The festival of light sounds like a great celebration.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:49 pm)
      Hey Thanks Mark. It definitely is one of my favorite festival and the most shimmery n shiny one :)
  • comment-avatar
    Helen @ Fuss Free Flavours November 7, 2015 (11:01 am)
    Lovely selection of recipes there Molly, which should I start with?
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:48 pm)
      Lolz, thanks Helen....that's a tough question for me too..where to start with...but maybe with an easy appetizer ;)
  • comment-avatar
    Revathi Palani November 7, 2015 (12:48 pm)
    Hi Molly, Advance Happy Diwali wishes... All the dishes look amazing... yummmmmmm.....
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:47 pm)
      Thanks Revathi. Happy Diwali to you too.
  • comment-avatar
    Helen @ family-friends-food.com November 7, 2015 (1:03 pm)
    What a great round-up - everything looks delicious. I'm excited to see the Indian sweets in your next post. Happy Diwali!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:47 pm)
      Thanks Helen. The sweet roundup is just on its way....do try them, they are easy and delicious.
  • comment-avatar
    Kelly Hutchinson November 7, 2015 (6:01 pm)
    So many amazing Indian dishes to sample! My husband loves Indian food, so he would be in a state of nirvana!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 8, 2015 (10:46 pm)
      hahahha, that would be great, I hope you both enjoy them :) Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment.
  • comment-avatar
    Cassandrea @ chewsandbrews.ca November 8, 2015 (11:25 pm)
    Happy Diwali! What a great post! Pinning! Lots of recipes I want to make!!
  • comment-avatar
    Ali @ Home & Plate November 9, 2015 (1:10 am)
    What a fantastic round up of authentic dishes to help celebrate Diwali. I love trying new dishes and have had the opportunity to try several on your list already. Perfect for a celebration.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 13, 2015 (4:59 am)
      Thanks Ali, we just had a complete food coma last evening making and devouring couple of these recipe ;)
  • comment-avatar
    Abigail November 9, 2015 (1:24 am)
    Hubby is going to India soon so I am jealous that he'll be trying something similar to what you shared! What a delicious collection you have here!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 9, 2015 (10:13 pm)
      Thanks Abigail. Maybe you can enjoy some of these recipes while he's in India ;)
  • comment-avatar
    Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) November 9, 2015 (12:53 pm)
    Wow, those are some great looking recipes! I have a few of them on my to-make list now! YUM
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 13, 2015 (4:58 am)
      Yaaay, glad you liked them, Thanks Cindy!
  • comment-avatar
    Chandra@The Plaid & Paisley Kitchen November 9, 2015 (9:38 pm)
    I love this round up! We love Indian food and I am going to try some of these right away!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 13, 2015 (4:58 am)
      That is awesome and I'm so happy you liked it. Thanks for visiting Chandra :)
  • comment-avatar
    Chris @ SimpleFood365 November 9, 2015 (11:23 pm)
    What a great roundup! We've been talking about trying to make some Indian recipes, and this seems like a great list to start with!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 13, 2015 (4:57 am)
      Thanks Chris - Go Ahead, give it a try and do let me know :)
  • comment-avatar
    Joy @ Joy Love Food November 11, 2015 (7:39 pm)
    Diwali sounds like such a fun festival, and all of the recipes look so good, hard to choose which to try first!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 13, 2015 (4:55 am)
      Thanks Joy, it sure is one of the brightest and fun festival & I agree with your dilemma of which to try first ;)
  • comment-avatar
    Rachel @ Simple Seasonal November 12, 2015 (2:46 am)
    All of these dishes look amazing! Can I pretty please come and eat at your house!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar November 12, 2015 (6:49 am)
      Hahahah, Thanks Rachel - Come anytime, would look forward to it :)
  • comment-avatar
    Meera February 29, 2016 (5:32 am)
    Hello, Molly! Thanks for sharing. These amazing dishes can be tried any time of the year for a delightful surprise. Of course Diwali is such a great festival. But once you come across a round up of delicious recipes like this, it's hard to resist.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar April 1, 2016 (5:33 pm)
      Thanks Meera, I'm glad you liked the roundup of Diwali recipes :)