Chicken Meatballs in Coconut Curry Sauce (Coconut Chicken Kofta): absolutely melt-in-your-mouth succulent kofta (chicken meatballs) in a luscious coconut curry made using coconut milk and aromatic spices. Perfect for weekday – weekend & serve with steamed rice or choice of side.
Hi Everyone, hope you’ll are doing great. I’ve not been keeping well for the past few weeks and wasn’t able to post anything new for quite many days now.
Also, as I’m visiting India these days, being sick here means, you have the whole fam-jam taking extra care of you day and night!
They have been going out of their way to nurse me back to health and I’m extremely grateful for all they’ve done.
It’s been so long that I cooked, so this week I’ve been feeling a little better and decided to treat them.
So I decided to make this luscious, aromatic and absolutely delicious recipe along with steamed rice, Microwave Besan Ladoo, and our favorite wine.
And, I definitely wanted to include you’ll and share this amazing recipe with you 🙂
Ingredients for the Chicken Meatballs in Coconut Curry Sauce:
- Chicken Mince or Ground Chicken, for the meatballs
- Coconut Milk Can, I’m using full fat
- Indian Spices: turmeric, red chili, curry powder, etc
- Ginger+Garlic Paste
- Olive Oil
Seriously, there’s nothing more blissful than seeing your fam-jam or friends, sitting together, chatting over funny stuff or remembering older days, laughing and enjoying over tons of food!
Absolutely Divine and I totally believe that food binds us all together in a majestic way.
Now, coming back to our Chicken Meatballs in Coconut Curry Sauce , as the name suggests, it’s extremely easy to make and the coconut curry is simply divine!!
For this particular recipe, you need the full-fat coconut milk that comes in a tin can, the ones in a carton are too thin for this purpose.
Also, I’m using a blend of whole and powdered spices to make it extremely aromatic and flavorful.
Storage or Freezing Details:
You can store this dish in an air-tight box in fridge for 2 days.
The recipe freezes well too, you can make the koftas and the curry separately and then freeze for at least a week.
When you are ready to use the frozen recipe, simply thaw the meatballs+curry a night before in the fidge and heat everything together before serving.
I usually serve them over a bowl of freshly steamed basmati rice but you can use any side.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
For Chicken Kofta (Meatballs)
- 1/2 lb Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Chickpea Flour*
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1 Egg - Whisked
- 1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
For Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Large Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger+Garlic Paste - i'm using fresh paste
- Pinch of Sugar - optional
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro/Green Chillies - chopped - for decoration
- 1 Tsp Coconut Milk - for decoration
Whole Spices ***
- 1 Medium Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 3 Cloves
Powdered Spices ***
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Tsp Turmeric - 1 tsp is used to coat eggs+potatoes and 1 tsp for curry
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
Making the Koftas / Chicken Meatball:
- In a food processor (with dough attachment**) add all the 'Kofta' ingredients and pulse to form a smooth dough (Takes about a minute).
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and make 10-12 round balls.
- Place the chicken balls/kofta on a plate, cover and keep in the refrigerator for about 30 mins (This helps the dough to firm up and prevent kofta's from breaking).
Making the Coconut Curry Sauce:
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add 4 tbsp oil.
- Add all the whole spices and saute for half a minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions to the spices, mix and cook covered for 2 minutes.
- To this, add ginger+garlic paste, all remaining spices and keep sautéing on medium heat till the mixture turns pink and the onions are slightly cooked (6-8 mins).
- Add coconut milk, mix everything together and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes. (stirring in between).
- Now, remove the meatballs from the fridge and place them delicately on the simmering gravy.
- Cover with lid, lower the heat and let the meatballs cook for about 5 minutes. (Keep an eye).
- After 5 minutes, remove the cover, touch the meatballs using a spatula and they should be cooked.
- Saute the curry and meatballs light and cook uncovered for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the kofta curry to a serving bowl.
- Decorate with cilantro/chilies and drizzle some coconut milk on top.
- Serve hot with steamed basmati rice or choice of side.
I'm using Full Fat Coconut Milk form Can, but you can use any variety of coconut milk.
The usage of light coconut milk variety will result in a thinner and less coconut flavored sauce.
Serving Size:4 People
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 13gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g