Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce : is an extremely delicious and easy take on a restaurant-style Lemon Chicken recipe.
Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce is so simple to recreate that restaurant-style recipe at home that you’d wonder why you didn’t try it before.
I’ve been eating Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce in a restaurant for many years and it’s one of my Favorite recipes to order in Italian restaurants apart from Tiramisu …Who doesn’t love a fresh and classic tiramisu recipe!!
The succulent chicken with a buttery lemon garlic wine sauce…almost sounded impossible to come out of home kitchen-Right?
Finally, a few weeks back I made this Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce at home and guess what, it turned out pretty well.
Since it was my first trial/making this Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce at home and the wine-lemon quantity were less……
So, I made it a couple of times with variation of wine and finally perfected it with Pinot Grigio
(As you need a dry, crisp wine for the flavors to combine well and enhance).
Actually, the dryness in the Pinot Grigio wine goes Amazingly with the lemony-buttery sauce, they are like made for each other.
So after perfecting this recipe and having made it so many times for our family brunches/girls night in, I believe :
” NOW “ is the time to share this simple, elegant yet succulent recipe with you all to enjoy with your family and friends.
And trust me…by the look of this dish – it can easily make anyone say that you must have spent half a day in the kitchen making it” 🙂
Infact it’s also one of our favorite date night recipe with a glass of wine …. you can go with the same pinot grigio or open a fresh red wine to go along with it.
So, I hope you try this Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce recipe soon for that perfect surprise for someone special or for a perfect family meal at home.
You can even store this recipe in the refrigerator for upto 2-3 days.
Just keep the chicken and the lemon sauce separately.
When you’re ready to serve the dish, simply heat everything together and serve immediately.
~ Enjoy n Share ~
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter
: You Can Also Try These Recipes:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas
Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce
An extremely delicious and easy take on a restaurant-style Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce recipe at home. Perfect for special occasions.
For Preparing the Chicken ::
- 2 Large Chicken Breast – Cleaned and cut into 8 pieces
- 4 Tbsp AP Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil – For Frying. (You may use any flavorless oil of choice)
For Lemon Garlic Wine Sauce ::
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed (You can use fresh or frozen garlic)
- Juice of 1 Lemon – Fresh (You may use fresh or store bought juice)
- 1.5 Cup Dry White Wine*
- 1 Tbsp Butter – Use any plain butter you may like
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- 1 Tbsp Capers or Banana Peppers – For Garnish / Decoration – OPTIONAL
Cooking the Chicken -
- In a ziploc or bag, add flour, salt, pepper and mix evenly.
- Take the four chicken pieces, drop them in the Ziploc bag and shake 3-4 time to evenly coat the chicken.
- Remove the flour coated chicken and add the remaining chicken to this bag and coat evenly. (Now all the chicken are evenly coated with flour mix).
- In a large pan, add butter, oil and heat it for a minute on high flame and then reduce the flame to medium.
- Now, place the coated chicken pieces evenly on the pan and let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken to the other side and cook for another 3-4 minutes (Till light brown or golden brown – as per choice).
- Transfer the cooked chicken on the large plate.
Preparing the Wine Sauce --
- In the same pan, add the butter and let it heat for a minute.
- Add crushed garlic, stir 3-4 times and then discard the garlic.(This will flavor the sauce with garlic without giving it an over-powering garlic flavor) BUT (You may keep the garlic as per your choice and proceed with next step).
- Now add white wine and stir everything well using a whisk.
- Let it cook for a minute on medium flame and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the wine for about 4-5 minutes and then add lemon, pepper and salt.
- Whisk everything to a smooth consistency and add the cooked chicken.
- Let the chicken cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- You can pour the entire content of the pan in a serving dish or can place 2-3 chicken pieces in
- individual plate and pour some sauce over and around it.
- Garnish with some sliced capers / banana pepper and serve.
* I’m using Pinot Grigio (You may use any Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or un-oaked Chardonnay)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
26 Replies to "Chicken in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce"
Darlene February 9, 2021 (7:05 pm)
Very good recipe. I let the chicken breast simmer longer in the sauce to make sure it was thoroughly cooked.
Molly Kumar February 15, 2021 (5:29 am)
Hello Darlene, thanks so much for trying my recipe – – Thanks, Molly
Ryan August 30, 2019 (5:14 pm)
Found this randomly on a search for white wine sauce. I followed the directions, but used a dry chard and cooked broccoli in the sauce before throwing the chicken back in. It was amazing! My spouse said it was the best dish I’d ever made. Thank you!
Molly Kumar September 4, 2019 (3:49 pm)
Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your sweet message and I’m soooo glad you and your spouse loved this recipe. Thanks, Molly 🙂
Alexandra July 30, 2019 (10:21 am)
I’ve been trying to make a sauce like this comparable to the picatta sauce at my favorite restaurant. Using this recipe was the first time I didn’t mess it up, LOL! My boyfriend thanks you!
Molly Kumar August 1, 2019 (3:15 pm)
Hi Alexandra, I’m so glad you liked and tried the recipe 🙂
Lesa March 30, 2019 (11:34 pm)
Used cornstarch instead of flour to crisp the chicken so the sauce was thin, but it was delish!
Molly Kumar April 1, 2019 (7:49 am)
Hi Lesa, yes I do add cornstarch to crisp the chicken at times and the thin sauce actually goes perfectly with that crispness 🙂 Glad you liked the recipe – Thanks so much for trying it.
Debra R. Shanta April 18, 2020 (9:09 pm)
Is it 1-1/2 cups of wine?
Molly Kumar April 19, 2020 (3:37 am)
Yes, it is 1 and 1/2 cup of dry white wine. Thanks, Molly
S Lemburg [email protected] June 18, 2018 (10:07 pm)
I did this recipe and and made no chicken I just put the sauce on tortellini and it was excellent
Molly Kumar June 19, 2018 (8:11 pm)
Hi, Thanks so much for trying the recipe and glad you liked the sauce. We love using it with pasta too 🙂
Mary Hassler March 5, 2018 (12:01 am)
I made this tonight, adding parsley, shallots and lemon zest. 3 chicken breasts, 1 cup Savignon blanc and 1 cup chicken broth. Served with angel hair pasta. It was amazing Molly. Thank you!
Molly Kumar March 5, 2018 (7:44 am)
Hi Mary, Thanks you so much for messaging me and a Big Hug for trying my recipe 🙂 I’m so glad you liked it as it’s one of my Fav goto chicken recipe – Luv, Molly
Carole August 9, 2017 (1:23 pm)
We had this dish on holiday in Italy in June and my husband loved it, thanks to you posting your recipe I can try it out at home, can’t wait – thanks so much.
Thomas Hoffman June 28, 2017 (3:36 am)
I did everything in the cast iron but the noodles, lol
Tom Hoffman June 27, 2017 (2:39 pm)
My chicken breasts were very thick and I added a third one to make a pot recipe that would last a week for a bachelor. I upped the butter, lemon juice, wine and salt and pepper to make it work. The sauce ended up creamy and delicious. I also made thin spaghetti noodles to serve it over. I also cut the breasts into cubes. I cooked everything but the noodles in cast iron, which always adds a wonderful added flavor dimension. Thank you for giving me a nice recipe to work with!
Molly Kumar June 28, 2017 (3:34 am)
Hi Tom, Thanks for trying my recipe and for your wonderful comment. I’m so glad you liked it and the cast iron sauteed noodles sounds amazing with it 🙂 – Thanks, Molly
Michael June 16, 2017 (11:56 pm)
I modified it slightly with green onions; regardless, it was delicious! Thank you!
Molly Kumar June 18, 2017 (3:35 am)
Hi Michael, Thanks for trying the recipe and I’m glad you liked it. The addition of green onions sounds totally yum !!!
Jill March 16, 2017 (9:13 am)
Thanks for the recipe! I’m excited to try this simple but I’m sure delicious dish.
Molly Kumar March 16, 2017 (9:35 am)
Thanks Jill and I look forward to your trying it. It’s really simple but packed with lemony flavors 🙂
Anonymous March 12, 2017 (8:35 pm)
How many servings does this make? Two?
Molly Kumar March 14, 2017 (7:06 am)
Yes, it makes two serving.
Shella April 17, 2016 (5:46 pm)
yumm yumm, I made this the other night and everyone loved it.
Molly Kumar April 18, 2016 (1:57 pm)