Pesto Sausage Pasta recipe using 6 easy ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes. It’s an extremely delicious recipe that’s a favorite among all age groups. Perfect for any meal/ picnics and can be served hot or cold.
This Pesto Sausage Pasta or Pesto Chicken Pasta is one of my absolute favorite recipes to make any given day.
The magic of this recipe lies in two main ingredients – Pesto & Sausage.
I’m using a spicy garlic chicken sausage and using a store-bought pesto from Costco, which is absolutely incomparable to any other store-bought ones.
Ingredients for the Pesto Sausage Pasta:
As it’s one of those easy peasy recipes, hence the ingredients are also very basic and everything can be found in 1 grocery store:
Pasta – I’m using semolina pasta, however, you can use any kind including gluten-free options.
Pesto – I’m using store-bought pesto, but a homemade one works absolutely fine too.
Sausage – I’m using a spicy garlic sausage but any sausage works fine including the Italian ones.
Seasoning – I’m using a mix of Italian seasoning along with chili flakes and garlic powder
Tomatoes – optional
Cheese – I’m using a light parmesan cheese
Olive Oil – for sauteeing
How to Make Pesto Chicken Sausage Pasta:
- We start by lightly sauteing the tomatoes in oil. Remove and keep aside.
- Then we cook the chicken sausage evenly on both sides.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Add seasoning, pesto sauce, and cook for another minute.
- Then add cooked pasta, tomatoes and saute everything together.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle chopped basil on top.
- Enjoy fresh.
Storage and Serving Suggestions:
Just like most pasta recipes, I make this extra every time as they make an excellent work lunch the next day.
Even though I’m working from home these days a lot, still a pre-prepared meal is always welcome on time 🙂
This chicken sausage pasta can be stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge for upto 3 days.
I serve this with variety of light sides like:
Dinner Rolls / Buttered Bread/Rolls
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 3 Cups Cooked Pasta - use any pasta you like
- 1/4 Cup Pesto
- 6 Chicken Sausage - chopped in bite size
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes - halves
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Parmesan Cheese
- 7-8 Fresh Basil Leaves - optional
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Chili Flakes - use as per taste or skip
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt - as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder - as per taste
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add tomatoes and saute for a minute. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil, the chopped sausage and cook evenly on both sides till golden brown (takes 6-7 minutes on medium flames).
- Add seasoning, pesto sauce, and saute for a minute.
- Add cooked pasta, cooked tomatoes, and saute everything together for 2-3 minutes. Cover the pasta nicely with pesto.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the serving bowl.
- Add chopped basil leaves on top and serve fresh.
Cooked Pasta - cooked as per package instructions
Pesto - I'm using store-bought, but you can use homemade pesto too
Chicken Sausage - I'm using spicy garlic sausage however, you can use any kind or flavor of sausage as per taste.
Cherry Tomatoes - you can use any tomatoes you like
Parmesan Cheese - you can use any light cheese (no cheddar or blue cheese as they are too strong for this flavor).
Olive Oil - you can use any light oil
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 776mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g