This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseMazola #CollectiveBias
Your favorite Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pasta made lighter and ready in 30 minutes, using Mazola® Corn Oil, pasta, shredded chicken, cauliflower and buffalo sauce. This light healthy buffalo chicken pasta is perfect for hectic weeknights, lazy brunches or just a date for two.
Calling all pasta lovers, as this dreamy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pasta will change the way you think of pasta, turning this comfort food essential into an every week trend. Yup, we are making it into a healthy creamy buffalo chicken pasta.As many of you know, September is National Cholesterol Awareness month, and as always, I’m here with a ‘better-for-you’ recipe that tastes equally good – I promise.
A clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil.
To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com. Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol-free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.
Pasta is one of our favorite comfort foods, and I’m always looking at ways to incorporate more of it without heavy ingredients like cream, cheese, and butter.
So on this quest, I finally came up with a Perfect recipe to not only enjoy a creamy pasta more often but without guilt (right, that’s the magic).
What I did was replace three heavy ingredients with better-for-you swaps:
- Butter with Mazola Corn Oil. Seriously, this was amazing. Mazola has a neutral taste, so the flavor of your food can shine through.
- Cheese with shredded cauliflower (for the pasta sauce)
- Cream with milk (for the pasta sauce)
You are not limited to these three. You can also replace regular pasta with gluten-free or high-protein pasta too. Also, don’t tell the kids there is a vegetable in this… (shhhhh).
Seriously, it was that simple to switch, and now we have this dish at least once every two weeks, rather than once every 3-4 months. So let’s go ahead and glance at our ingredients.
Ingredients for our Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- Mazola Corn Oil
- Pasta, you can use any variety
- Shredded chicken, store-bought or homemade
- Shredded cauliflower, frozen is preferred
- Buffalo sauce, use any variety you like
How to Make Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions or use pre-boiled pasta.
- Make the pasta sauce using corn oil, flour, shredded cauliflower, buffalo sauce and shredded chicken.
- Then add the cheese and cooked pasta to this sauce and mix everything.
- Now transfer the pasta to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs + cheese on top.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, remove from oven.
Now, you see why I said it’s perfect for a hectic weeknight?
Super easy to make, and if you have pre-cooked pasta and shredded chicken, then the recipe is done even quicker.
Once our Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta is baked, I like to sprinkle some sort of green garnish on top to make it look fresh.
I usually add green onions here, but you can use cilantro or even skip this step.
Try doing a simple salad vinaigrette and see how fresh it tastes.
Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol-free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Tbsp Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Cauliflower, or cauliflower rice
- 1 lb Shell Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 3 Tbsp Buffalo Sauce
- 3 Cups Water - for making pasta as per package
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Skim Milk - can use almond or cashew milk too
- Salt + Pepper, as per taste
- Green Onions - for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Cheese
Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
Make the pasta as per instructions on the package. Once the pasta is cooked, keep it aside.
Make the Buffalo Cauliflower Sauce:
- Heat corn oil in a large saucepan.
- Add flour, salt + pepper, and sauté until lightly golden or slightly cooked (takes about 1-2 minutes over medium heat).
- Now add the shredded cauliflower and cook this over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add milk and whisk everything.
- Finally, add the buffalo sauce and whisk everything to form a smooth batter-like consistency.
- Now add the cooked shredded chicken, cheese and cooked pasta.
- Mix everything using a big spoon and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the buffalo chicken pasta to an oiled oven-safe dish (9x13).
- Sprinkle the “pasta toppings” evenly on top.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes and sprinkle green onions and cheese on top before serving.
- Enjoy warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 129gFiber: 9gSugar: 21gProtein: 32g