Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas & Tomatoes: super easy, flavorful and delicious pasta recipe that’s filled with lemony flavors yet extremely light. Weeknight family meal and also makes a great meal-prep recipe. This is a Glutenfree/Low-Carb recipe.
This super quick Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas and Tomatoes is on top of our list for delicious and hassle-free weeknight meals.
It’s what I call, filled with flavors, easy to make and I usually prep a big batch and keep in the fridge.
Mondays are usually stressful for most of us and because of extremely chaotic weather, the past few weeks have been even more stressful.
We are either stuck at home due to rain/ice or just about that depressing winter blues, that making a fresh meal for the entire family seems like next to impossible.
And I feel ‘Pasta’ is one such recipe that saves us all many times!!
But what if you want to have pasta and also be low-carb 🙂 Well, I recently found Glutenfree Chickpea past and seriously, I’ve not looked back since then!
Ingredients for Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas & Tomatoes:
- Glutenfree Pasta (I’m using fettuccine but you can use any pasta)
- Fresh Asparagus
- Some Frozen Peas & Cherry Tomatoes (Let’s make it a healthy mix)
- Lemon (of course – we are using both juice and rind)
- Cashew Milk (for some creaminess but you can skip this if you want)
How to make Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas & Tomatoes
Once, the ingredients are there, the recipe comes together in 25 minutes or you can meal prep and keep it for later.
- You simply make the pasta as per package instructions and keep it aside.
- Then saute the veggies, add seasoning, cooked pasta and toss everything together to combine.
- Once everything is mixed, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy. Yup, the recipe is that easy-peasy.
BUT, we always have some ‘Pro-Tips’ for you which I have been following and here they are.
Always add a tsp of oil once you have strained your cooked pasta to keep it untangled.
Always store 1/4 to 1/2 cup pasta water to add in the recipe for that extra flavor.
Saute the veggies on a medium-high flame, this helps them cook quickly and yet keeps them crunchy.
To add extra flavor, toss the pasta in ‘Herbed Oil’ just before serving. This adds that almost restaurant-style meals at home.
If you want the pasta to look plated as restaurants, use ‘TONGS’ to put them in a plate. (seriously try it and see the difference).
So, go ahead and enjoy this Lemon Asparagus Pasta with your family this weeknight and please do let me know your thoughts.
Did you make it as is or add any more veggies/seasoning?
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
You May Like
- 1 Bunch Uncooked Pasta - i’m using glutenfree fettuccine
- 3 Cups Water - to cook pasta
- 1 Large Lemon - juice it and keep some rind too
- 1 Cup Chopped Asparagus - discard the brown part and chop the green stems
- 1/4 Cup Frozen peas
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter - optional*
- 1 Tsp Herbed Olive Oil - optional**
- 1/4 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- Salt - as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Italian Seasoning
Cook the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta as per package.
- Strain the cooked pasta and keep 1/2 cup pasta water aside.
- Add 1Tsp Olive oil on cooked pasta and toss it nicely.
- Keep aside.
Make the Lemon Asparagus Pasta:
- Heat a large pan/skillet
- Add olive oil, butter and Mix well.
- Now, add asparagus, peas and saute to mix everything.
- Let this cook on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Now add the seasoning and baby tomatoes.
- Saute everything.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind and saute everything together.
- Lower the heat and add cheese, cashew milk and pasta water (if using).
- Saute everything once and add the pasta. Let this cook on medium heat for a 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp ‘Herbed Oil’ if using and Mix everything using tongs (you can use large forks to mix too).
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Lemon Asparagus Pasta with peas and tomatoes to serving bowls.
- Add more cheese if need be.
- Serve hot and enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 19gSugar: 11gProtein: 25g