Restaurant-style lemon garlic white wine shrimp pasta recipe that’s bursting with flavors and extremely easy to make at home. It has a lemony-garlic white wine sauce and is Perfect for a cozy meal.
It’s been long since I posted a pasta recipe and this lemon garlic white wine shrimp pasta has been one of our most sought special occasion treat 🙂
I’m using a ‘lemon, garlic white wine’ sauce in this recipe which is simply Divine!
Also, I’m planning it for our Valentine’s dinner menu.With the way, the weather is going and the crazy Valentines rush in restaurants, we are thinking of skipping going out this year.
We would rather stay home, make this cozy White Wine Shrimp Pasta and have a nice dessert along with some wine.
Ingredients for the Lemon Garlic White Wine Shrimp Pasta :
Pasta (I’m using fettuccini, but you can use any pasta of choice)
Nice Dry White Wine or Sherry (I’m going to list wine option below)
Some Heavy Cream (or light depending on your choice)
Lemon, Garlic & Herbs (what I call the Flavor Power)
Once you have all the ingredients (listed in the recipe card below), the dish comes together in 27 minutes.
I’m listing a couple of Tips below to get the maximum flavor out of this combination
: How to Make Lemon Garlic White Wine Shrimp Pasta Recipe :
Make the Shrimp First:
I recommend cooking the shrimp first and then using the same pan to make the ‘Wine Sauce’.
This adds a nice shrimp flavor to the sauce.
Any cream+flour base sauce needs to be whisked a lot to get a lump-free consistency.
Incase, lumps form, then strain using a siever before you add shrimp or pasta.
Always use fresh lemon juice and garlic in recipes like these. Adds so much more flavor.
Also ‘artificial lemon juice’ becomes kind of sour in cream, hence fresh lemon juice adds a nice simple flavor.
Addition of Lemon Juice:
Add the lemon juice towards the end of the recipe as it might curdle the cream a little.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 lb Shrimp - peeled, deveined and tail off
- 8 oz. Fettuccini Uncooked - or 3 cups cooked, use any pasta of choice (check notes)
- 4 Cups Water - to cook fettuccini
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil – For Frying. (You may use any flavorless oil of choice)
- Salt+Pepper - as per taste
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes - optional
For Lemon Garlic Wine Sauce ::
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice - check notes
- 4 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Cup Dry White Wine - check notes
- 1/2 Cup Broth - use chicken or seafood
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream - can use more if want more creamy
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter – Use any plain butter you may like
- 2 Tbsp Herbed Olive Oil - can use any olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning - can reduce or add more as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese - grated
Cook the Shrimp -
- In a large pan, add butter, oil and heat it for a minute on high flame and then reduce the flame to medium.
- Now add chopped garlic and chili flakes. Let them crackle for 10 seconds.
- Now, add the shrimp, Italian seasoning and let them cook for 3-4 minutes (saute in between).
- Once the shrimps are fully cooked, Transfer them to a large plate.
Preparing the Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce -
- In the same pan, add the butter, oil and let it heat for a minute.
- Add crushed garlic, stir 3-4 times and then discard the garlic.(This will flavor the sauce with garlic without giving it an over-powering garlic flavor) BUT (You may keep the garlic as per your choice and proceed with next step).
- Add the All-Purpose flour and saute for 2 minutes (over medium flame to prevent from burning).
- Once the flour is cooked, add the broth and wine.
- Whisk everything and reduce the flame to low.
- Bring this to a boil once and add the cream.
- Whisk everything and let this cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the cooked shrimp, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Stir everything carefully and mix.
- Now add the pasta and give it a quick mix (I like to use tongs to mix everything here).
- Let this cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with fresh cilantro, chili flakes and add some lemon juice on top (if you are using any garnish).
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Fettuccini: I'm using fettuccini as we love this combo, but any pasta tastes good. You can add spaghetti pasta, bow-tie or even linguini.
Fresh Lemon Juice: it's always better to use fresh lemon juice in cream based sauce for enhanced flavors
Dry White Wine: I’m using Pinot Grigio (You may use any Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or un-oaked Chardonnay)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 250mg Sodium: 900mg Carbohydrates: 69g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 50g