Broccoli Eggplant Pasta in White Wine Sauce : is a light, quick saute recipe mixed with vegetables and light creamy wine sauce.
STOP !!! Seriously – Don’t throw away that last glass of expensive wine after a delicious meal with friends/family as no-one is ready to have that last glass as everyone is too full.
Instead, try this Broccoli Eggplant Pasta in White Wine Sauce recipe and you can thank me then 😉
Now, this Broccoli Eggplant Pasta in White Wine Sauce recipe can also be called one pot (if you have cooked pasta on hands) and for lazy days too…especially a Saturday brunch which sounds so exciting but who wants to get up early and cook!
That’s when this recipe comes handy and cooks under 20 mins. Both broccoli and eggplant have a light taste and they compliment the white wine sauce beautifully.
You can make the sauce thicker or lighter as per taste and add extra cheese if need be. * Just remember to use wine in room temperature as you don’t want to pour chilled wine in extra hot veggies, it will spoil the taste of your entire dish.
With the approaching winters, we are already in the mood for a lot of comfort food and such recipes just make us look forward to weekends with friends and family over cozy meals.
The Broccoli Eggplant Pasta in White Wine Sauce also great for picnics/potlucks as it can be made a day before and packed in individual easy to carry boxes.
As Always, We truly believe in:
Looking for More Comfort Food, then Try these Recipes Too:
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Cup raw pasta (you can use any shape or kind, I'm using whole grain ghiottole )
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets - Chopped into bite size
- 1 Cup Eggplant - Chopped into bite size
- 1 Medium Onion - Chopped into bite size
- For the White Wine Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp A.P Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Clove Garlic - Smashed
- 1/2 Cup Wine
- 3 Tbsp Grated Cheese - Any Kind
- Salt - To Taste
- Pepper - To Taste
- Heat water in a pot, till it starts to boil.
- Now add the raw pasta, pinch of salt, oil and let cool on medium heat for 10 minutes (or till pasta is cooked as per instructions on packet)
- Store 1/2 cup pasta water (for adding in the sauce), drain rest of the water and keep the cooked pasta aside.
- In a pan, add butter, oil and let it heat for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and sauté till golden in color.
- Now add broccoli, eggplant, sauté and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for another minute.
- Now add, white wine, pasta water, salt, pepper and lightly sauté everything together.
- Add the coked pasta, cheese, stir everything and let it all cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and serve fresh.
Amount Per ServingCalories 510 Total Fat 28g Saturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 74mg Sodium 1292mg Carbohydrates 48g Sugar 7g Protein 13g