Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Pasta: quick, creamy and has just the right kick of heat to be your new family favorite recipe. Perfect on cold nights.
Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Pasta: Inspired by flavors of fall.
Since the beginning of this fall season, I had been trying a couple of pumpkins inspired savory recipe and this Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Pasta is hands down our family favorite recipe.
Ingredients for Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Pasta:
- Pasta Sauce
- Pumpkin Puree – this is pure pumpkin and NOT Pumpkin Pie filling.
- Walnut Powder
- Italian Seasoning
It has everything going on….from the pumpkin flavor to a mild kick of heat (cayenne – oh yeah), ground walnuts, almost invisible veggies and Bertolli Pasta Sauce (Tomato & Basil).
The result …mmmm -mmm-mmm !! You HAVE to GIVE it a TRY as it’s that GOOD !
The Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Pasta recipe is really easy to make and by using Bertolli Pasta Sauces, it cuts down the cooking time even further.
Making it a quick delicious weeknight dinner or you can even pack the leftover for work lunch.
You’ll be surprised how great the two flavors (Pumpkin + Pasta Sauce) combine to create this almost rustic Italian pasta recipe.
Until Next Time ~ XoXo
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 2 Cups Pasta Sauce*
- 2 Cups Pasta - I'm using farfalle or bow tie pasta.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree - this is pure pumpkin and NOT Pumpkin Pie filling.
- 1/4 Cup Walnut Powder - crush about 10-12 walnuts to create the same.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne - use as per your taste
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- Salt - as per taste
- Pepper - as per taste
- Prepare the pasta as per package instructions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add pasta sauce, pumpkin puree and give it a good stir.
- Let this cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the walnut powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and stir everything.
- Let this cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and gently mix everything together.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven at 200F
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the cooked pasta and place in the oven for 3 minutes (or till cheese melts).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
* Pasta Sauce: I'm using 'Bertolli Pasta Sauce (Tomato & Basil)' but any pasta sauce is fine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 780Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 1334mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 20gSugar: 16gProtein: 24g