Sauteed Green Beans with Coconut: green beans lightly sauteed with Indian spices and coconut.
Sauteed Green Beans with Coconut is a perfect side dish.
I’m a huge fan of green vegetables and always in a look out for new recipes or different variations of the same.
This week farmers market were bustling with green leafy varieties along with beans (string beans, fava beans, white beans, you name it)
And we ended up buying lots of green beans as they go with almost any entree or cuisine….
just think about it, you can add them in French food/American/Asian/African….Right!
So, I decided to make a very popular side dish from the southwest part of India, where they cook beans with coconut.
Now it’s upto you to add dry shredded coconut like I’m doing(which is milder in taste and does’t overpower the taste) or fresh coconut.
Although, I’m adding a little bit of green chili (deseeded) to enhance the taste further.
If you want to make it a whole Indian meal, serve it with dal, rice/roti or go along with some sauteed pasta or toasted bread.
This recipe is very versatile and can be used in many different ways.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 lb Green Beans* - Thinly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Shredded Coconut - Unsweetened
- 1 Large Green Chili - Thinly chopped
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt - As per taste
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- In a nonstick pan, heat canola oil for 1/2 minute and the add cumin.
- Stir it for another 1/2 minute as it splatters and roast a little in oil (leaving a sweet aroma).
- Now, add chopped green beans and sauté lightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and let the beans cook for 5 minutes (sauté every 2 minutes).
- After 5 minutes, remove the cover, add green chili, salt, garam masala, coconut and sauté everything evenly.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for another 2minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some more coconut on top and Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 8g