Cheesy Curried Cauliflower Pasta: Ooey Gooey delicious and creamy one-pot recipe with a hint of curry. Made using cauliflower rice for a healthy and refreshing taste. It’s a family favorite and a great hit with kids.
It’s Meatless Monday and I’m here with my Curried Cauliflower Pasta recipe for you’ll.
It’s one of those dishes that came into existence accidentally about 3 years ago and immediately became a family favorite.
It’s a mild curry flavored pasta cooked along with sauteed cauliflower and lots of cheese.If you haven’t tried this combination, then it should be in your must-try dishes list.
Ingredients for Cheesy Curried Cauliflower Pasta
- Grated Cauliflower or Cauliflower Rice
- Italian Seasoning
- Curry Powder
It’s the grated cauliflower with cheese that makes it so creamy and gives you a feeling of eating a light alfredo sauce pasta but without the calories !!!
As I mentioned above, the existence of Curried Cauliflower Pasta was accidental.
I was making cauliflower pasta and ended up adding curry powder instead of the regular Italian seasoning and served it to a group of friends.
The first gulp and they were all over the pasta, everyone loved it and wanted the recipe….which was quite surprising as I had not tasted the pasta yet and I thought they were pulling my leg.
Once I tasted a spoonful, I realized what just happened but since everyone loved it, I was relieved …….Phewww!
So recipe got exchanged and the pasta was made and remade along with a different combination of veggies but this particular combination is what still remains a HIT with everyone including children.
This Cheesy Curried Cauliflower Pasta has been featuring as an entree in many of our get-togethers ever since.
It’s also one of those recipes, that can be made in advance and kept in the fridge and eaten next day cause it tastes even better as the cauliflower curry sauce has mixed well with the pasta.
You can definitely add more vegetables or cheese as per your taste to this Cheesy Curried Cauliflower Pasta.
It’s a hit among kids as well cause the grated cauliflower feels like a textured cheese sauce to them and I’ve seen bowl’s getting empty really soon when this get served 🙂
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Cups Uncooked Penne Pasta*
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- 1 Cup Grated Cauliflower - Use the large grater head side to grate
- 1/4 Cup Carrots - Thinly chopped (Optional)
- 1 Cup Onions - Thinly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro – Chopped
--- Spices ---
- 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder or Garam Masala - Available in any Indian store
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt - To Taste
- In a Large Pot, heat water and follow the package instructions to cook the pasta.
- Drain and keep aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till onions become golden brown (about 3 minutes over medium heat)
- Now, add carrots, all the spices and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add grated cauliflower and sauté cook for 2 minutes.
- Add, cooked pasta and sauté everything evenly.
- Now add cheese and mix everything lightly.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve fresh.
You can use any pasta as per choice or availability
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g