This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CollectiveBias #CrispyChicken
Crispy Curry Chicken: super easy and delicious crispy curry fried chicken recipe made using few ingredients. This is perfect for weeknight meals, brunch or parties too.
Who doesn’t love a freshly fried crispy chicken and this ‘Crispy Curry Chicken’ is our All-Time favorite dish.
I grew up eating this for weekend brunch and it was one dish that had everyone at the dinner table without calling twice 🙂
This recipe is not only popular with adults but equally popular among kids, making it a perfect recipe to serve for meals, parties or even an easy weekend brunch.
So What Makes This Recipe So Popular?
It’s the ‘Crispy Airy Texture’ with the ‘Golden Crust’ that makes these disappear within seconds and I get it right Everytime by using Argo® Corn Starch
It helps binds the coating batter and helps crisp up the chicken much more.
Also, Argo® Corn Starch is a leading corn starch brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations.
It has many uses and is often used as a thickening agent for sauces and soups.
When it is used in your batter to fry chicken it will leave you with an extra crunchy and beautifully browned exterior while sealing in the juices of the chicken.
It’s also naturally gluten-free, making it ideal to be used in tons of gluten-free recipes too or using it in your very own Crispy Fried Chicken recipe. You’ll see a Big difference.
Now, that you know the secret behind my crispiest chicken recipe, let’s go ahead and discuss the ingredients and process quickly.
Crispy Curry Chicken – Fried Curry Chicken Ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Argo® Corn Starch
- All-Purpose Flour
- Bread Crumbs
- Curry Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Ginger+Garlic Powder
Step by Step Crispy Curry Chicken Process
Once you have all the ingredients with you, the recipe is super easy to make and is ready in 20 minutes.
- We start with mixing the flour, bread crumbs, + Argo® Corn Starch
+ seasonings in a bowl.
2. Then we whisk an egg and start coating the chicken breasts with egg mixture one by one.
3. Then you coat the chicken breasts with flour mixture on both sides.
4. Now heat a skillet/non-stick pan and add any light cooking oil. Fry each chicken piece till both sides are crispy golden brown.
5. (Extremely Important Step): Place the fried crispy chicken on a wire rack to remove any excess oil.
That’s it, that’s how you make this extremely crispy and delicious Crispy Curry Chicken and I can guarantee you cannot stop with just 1 piece.
Whenever we make this recipe, I keep some extra as we use it for stuffing sandwiches/ burgers or even adding in your favorite salad.
I would highly recommend you going ahead and buying the ‘Argo Corn Starch’ as it’s a perfect ingredient to thicken soups, gravies.
You can make light, airy baked desserts using it too or add it to your meats/veggies and make them extra crispy.
It’s 1 ingredient with multiple uses and hence its a big part of my kitchen pantry. I always and I mean always have one extra stored.
Go ahead and enjoy the Crispy Curry Chicken recipe and I hope you try it soon.
As you can see in the picture below, the chicken is not only crispy on the outside but extremely juicy and moist inside.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts, cleaned
- 2 Tbsp Argo® Corn Starch
- 5 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Bread Crumbs - storebought or homemade
- 1 Tbsp Curry Seasoning - storebought or homemade
- 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Oil
Prepping the Chicken:
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, bread crumbs, Argo® Corn Starch
, curry powder and seasonings. Keep aside.
- In another big bowl, whisk an egg.
- Now take each chicken breast and coat it evenly on both sides with egg mixture.
- Place the egg coated chicken breast in the flour mixture and coat both sides evenly.
- Lift the flour-coated chicken breast and shake it to remove any extra flour.
- Place the coated chicken breast on a place.
- Similarly, coat all the remaining chicken breasts with egg mixture and flour mixture.
Making the Crispy Curry Fried Chicken:
In a skillet or pan, add 1cup oil and heat this for 2 minutes. Then lower the heat to medium.
Now take one of the coated chicken breasts and place it slowly in the hot oil. (if your skillet has space, place another chicken piece).
Let the chicken cook for a minute (or until golden) and then turn the other side.
Let the other side also cook for a minute and make sure both sides are evenly golden brown.
Now remove the cooked crispy curry chicken to a wire rack or kitchen towel.
Similarly, cook all the remaining coated chicken and place them on a wire rack after frying.
Transfer the crispy curry chicken to a serving plate.
Sprinkle with some curry powder, freshly chopped cilantro and place lemon wedges along with it.
Serve hot with your favorite dip/sauce.
* Chicken - I prefer using thin chicken breasts or tenders for this recipe. That way they cook faster.
** Oil - I always use less oil to fry as I do not use the same oil again.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 864Total Fat: 64gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 54gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 59g