Filled with warm curry flavors and loaded with seasonal veggies, this Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries will be your new favorite recipe. Perfect for a quick meal, side or holiday brunches. This Curried Quinoa Salad is glutenfree, vegan and can be served both warm or cold. Can be made a day in advance.
As we are approaching the holiday season, so is everyone’s stress and anxiety over holiday meal and that’s where this Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries is such a lifesaver.
We love a good quinoa salad or quinoa salad with cranberries but this curried version literally took our taste buds for a happy ride.
It’s filled with light, warm curry flavors along with crunchy-slightly sauteed veggies like onions, carrots, peas and topped with fresh cilantro and lime juice.
A perfect mix of warm, crunchy flavors with a hint of sweetness from the dried cranberries.
Ingredients for Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries Recipe:
- Cooked Quinoa
- Curry Powder
- Dried Cranberries – I’m using Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- Veggies: onions, carrots, peas, cauliflower, zucchini, etc
- Dry Coconut Flakes
- Seasoning: salt, red chili powder, turmeric
- Lime Juice & Fresh Cilantro – for garnish
To make this salad even simpler, apart from the first 3 ingredients, you can swap/use any other ingredients as per choice.
You can even add more nuts to it.
How to Make Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries:
Now, to add a little twist to our salad, we are sauteeing the vegetables ever so lightly with the curry powder and seasoning.
This enhances the flavors even more !!!
Other than the 2 minutes of cooking, the recipe is mostly cut and mix.
- You cut the seasonal veggies into bite-size pieces
- Heat a pan, saute the veggies with curry powder and seasoning
- Turn off the flames after 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, lightly sauteed veggies, Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries, coconut flakes, lime juice and fresh cilantro.
- Mix everything and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve Warm or Cold as per need.
That’s exactly how simple this recipe is and it adds so much charm to the dinner menu along with deliciousness.
What to Serve with Curried Quinoa Salad with Cranberries:
You can serve this salad as is or you can pair it with –
Cooked Lentil Curries
Big Bowl of Sauteed Veggies
How to Store Curried Quinoa Salad:
The salad is fairly easy to store and can actually be made a day in advance (if need be).
One thing I would recommend with this or any other salad, always keep the grains separate from veggies/fruits.
That’s because the veggies/fruits leave the water after being cut and you don’t want to end up with a watery salad.
Hence always packs them separately.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa, you can use any variety
- ½ Cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables of Choice
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon & Cilantro for garnish
- In a pan, heat olive oil and add the mixed vegetables.
- Saute for a minute and add all the spices.
- Saute for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- In a big bowl, add quinoa, cooked vegetables, Dried Cranberries, lemon juice, cilantro and mix everything.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve fresh.
(This salad can be served hot or cold)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 321mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g