Stuffed Sweet Potato Rolls: soft and delicate rolls filled with sweet potato and mixed veggies.
Happy Monday Everyone and I’m so excited to share these Extremely Easy Stuffed Sweet Potato Rolls recipe with you’ll.
I made them over the weekend and they were an instant hit in our impromptu get-together.
Since the holiday season in full swing and with Christmas soon approaching, we are either hosting a random get together at our place or attending the same at friends-family.
And I’m always trying to create something new to either serve at our place or take to friends.
These stuffed sweet potato rolls are simply divine and a crowd pleaser appetizer and not to mention effortless to make too : )
Before we proceed ahead, I hope you’ve checked some of these other popular appetizers from my blog:
To make these Extremely Easy Stuffed Sweet Potato Rolls, all you need is some biscuit dough (flakey or non-flakey) and a quick stuffing that’s a mix of sweet potatoes along with celery, cabbage, and peas.
The stuffing is sauteed lightly in an Italian seasoning with your favorite cheese.
Now, I’m not just stopping there, to make it extra festive, I’m slathering the buns with a generous coating of butter.
Some sweet potato puree and some Italian seasoning on top and then the rolls are baked to a golden perfection !!!
The result is this GORGEOUS looking rolls that smell heavenly and your entire kitchen smells of this festive aroma!!
If you want, you can slather some more butter on top and make it look like shiny golden pearls.
I usually serve them with a spicy chili relish but you can serve it with any chutney/sauce of choice.
They make an excellent appetizer or you can pair them with your choice of the entree as a side.
Just make few extra as they go really fast.
Hope you give them a try soon 🙂
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Can Flakey Biscuit Dough - thawed
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweet Potatoes - thawed (you may use fresh and cook it slightly in the beginning)
- 1//4 Cup Frozen Peas - thawed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Cabbage
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt - as per taste
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Cheese - as per choice
For Coating the Rolls:
- 2 Tbsp Pureed Frozen Sweet Potato - optional
- 2 Tbsp Butter - melted
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
Prepare the coating:
- Add melted butter and sweet potato puree in a bowl and whisk together.
Make the Stuffing:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a skillet.
- Add sliced cabbage, peas, sweet potatoes, celery and saute for 2-3 minutes over medium high. (till they are slightly cooked and mushy).
- Now, add the Italian seasoning and saute for another minutes or till everything is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and cool the filling completely.
Stuff the Rolls & Bake:
- Open the biscuit can and slice each biscuit disc into half. (you’d get 12 halved discs)
- Now, make balls of the half biscuit dough.
- Take one ball and roll it into 2 inch thick round disc.
- Take 1 tbsp stuffing and add it in the center of disc.
- Press the edges on top together to close them.
- Place the stuffed rolls (edges side down) in the skillet/baking pan.
- Similarly, fill all the rolls and place them into the skillet/baking pan.
- Slather the coating on each roll and sprinkle italian seasoning and sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 375F (Look for golden baked crust, keep an eye as all oven are different).
- Once the rolls are puffed to golden perfection, turn off the oven.
- Place the baked rolls outside (while still hot) and slather each rolls with this butter mixture for that golden shiny crust.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 149 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 264mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 3g