Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) : crispy, buttery and flakey in every bite and stuffed with a delicious vegetable curry filling. Made using Puff Pastry & ready in 30 minutes. Air Fryer Instructions too
These Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) are a MUST at our home especially in festivals or on a game day.
Vegetable Puff Ingredients – Indian Curry Puff:
- Puff Pastry Sheets
- Mixed Vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- Curry Powder (homemade or store-bought)
- Milk + Butter Mix (to seal the edges and add shine to the puff)
- I’ve been making them for ages with different filling but every time, there is one ingredient that’s never changed – “Puff Pastry Sheets”.
They are an absolute MUST for this flakey-crispy warm delectable bite and comes out looking perfect every time.
Infact, these Vegetable Puffs are a popular ‘street-snack’ in India and an absolute MUST in school/office cafeteria.
In many Indian homes, it’s the perfect companion to a hot piping cup of tea/coffee and can easily munch on 2-3 of them at a sitting.
These ‘puffs’ are also famous for its crispy buttery layers which looks almost impossible to achieve while making them at home.
That’s why these ‘Puff Pastry Sheets’ are a must for this recipe (Indian Curry Puff) .
Once, you have the ‘Puff Pastry Sheets’, then all you need the mixed vegetable filling and you’re good to go.
Just thaw and cut the sheets in desired size/shape, add the filling inside, wrap and bake.
Serve them as soon as they are made for that extra crispy feel. I usually serve them with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
This festive season, surprise your loved ones with these homemade Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) Or make them for a fun gameday appetizer.
Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) Process :
Air Fryer Vegetable Curry Puffs Instructions:
Air Fryer: Air fry at 200C for 10-11 minutes (4 small puffs or 3 large)
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: Other Snack Recipes ::
Indian Chicken Puff & Chicken Curry Puff Recipe
Indian Lamb Curry Puffs (Spicy Lamb Hand Pies) Air Fryer Details
Indian Cheese Corn Toast
Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff)
Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff): crispy, buttery and flakey in every bite and stuffed with a delicious vegetable curry filling. This recipe makes 12 Puffs
- 1 Packet Puff Pastry Sheets
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Butter - melted
- 1/4 Cup Water - to seal the edges of the puff
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped - for decoration
Vegetable Filling ::
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - any light vegetable oil can be used
- 1 Medium Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peas - frozen or fresh
- 1/2 Cup Carrots - thinly chopped in square size
- 1/2 Cup Green Beans - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Capsicum - thinly chopped
- 3 Medium Boiled Potatoes - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander - you may use cilantro too (optional)
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder - optional
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder - optional
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder - homemade or store-bought
Make the Filling:
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil.
- Now add cumin powder, onions and saute till onions turn golden brown (takes 2-3 minutes).
- Add all the other vegetables except potatoes and saute for a minute.
- Cover the vegetables and let them cook for 7 minutes on low heat. (saute every 2 minutes).
- Finally add the boiled potatoes, all the remaining spices and saute everything together.
- Cook this mix for 2 minutes on the medium-low flame (saute every 1/2 minute).
- Turn off the heat and cool the mixture slightly.
Make the Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 410 Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, add milk, butter and mix together (keep aside).
- Take the thawed but cold Puff Pastry Sheets and cut them into squares (see tutorial pic).
- Add 1tbsp of filling in the center and fold the remaining side over it (I've created a triangle, rectangle, and open-face).
- Brush each wrapped pastry with milk+butter mixture (you can use eggs too) and crimp the edges with a fork. (seal the pastry).
- Bake for 15 minutes (keep an eye as all oven are different).
- Server Hot with favorite ketchup or chutney.
Air Fryer Vegetable Curry Puff Instructions:
Air Fryer: Air fry at 200C for 10-11 minutes (4 small puffs or 3 large)
*** The Vegetable Puffs can be made 2-3 hours in advance and can be kept in the oven (turned off).
*** The 'Filling' can be made 1-2 days in advance and kept in fridge in an air-tight box.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
19 Replies to "Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) #currypuff"
Manisha October 14, 2019 (1:35 pm)
Can you make these ahead and freeze for parties?
Molly Kumar October 14, 2019 (7:26 pm)
Hello Manisha, yes you can freeze them for a week. Please cover the uncooked patties using cling wrap or freeze on baking tray, once frozen, place them in a zip lock bag. Just thaw on baking tray and bake on the day you want to serve. Thanks, Molly
James January 19, 2019 (11:47 pm)
We have made this recipe so many times and turns out amazing every single time! Making it again for tomorrow’s game.
Molly Kumar January 19, 2019 (11:59 pm)
Hi James, thanks soooo much for making this a part of your gameday celebrations and for trying it again n again 🙂 Molly
Alex January 19, 2019 (7:48 pm)
I have dry ground coriander seed….can this be used instead of fresh coriander?
Can fresh cilantro be used instead of fresh coriander?
No fresh coriander where I live
Molly Kumar January 19, 2019 (11:25 pm)
Hi Alex, glad you are going to try the recipe and yes, you can use Fresh Cilantro instead of coriander. Also, the ‘Dry Mango’ is optional (for adding lil bit of tart/tangy flavor). Thanks, Molly
Angela September 1, 2017 (8:47 pm)
Do you have to roll out the dough or do you use it as is? How big should the squares be?
Molly Kumar September 3, 2017 (7:42 am)
Hi Angela, you can roll out the dough a little but not much as you want it slightly thick (1/4 inch thick). I made about 9 puffs with each sheet, so you can cut it as per choice (big or small size).
Naina October 8, 2016 (2:00 pm)
Molly, these veg puffs brought back memories of my childhood 🙂 So delicious!!
Molly Kumar October 16, 2016 (6:05 am)
Aweee – I’m glad you felt that way Naina. They definitely get us through a trip down the memory lane.
kathi @ laughing spatula October 8, 2016 (1:50 pm)
I love all your recipes Molly but these beauties are really hitting home! Pinning for Seahawks sunday…what a treat!
Molly Kumar October 16, 2016 (6:09 am)
Thanks so much Kathi, glad you liked them and enjoy the game.
jacquee | i sugar coat it! October 8, 2016 (11:53 am)
I love all things curry. Paired with pastry… a total win-win!
Molly Kumar October 16, 2016 (6:17 am)
Seriously, the combination of Curry+Pastry = lot of goodies 😉
Just Jo October 8, 2016 (11:18 am)
Oh YES! I love this idea Molly – I always have some of my homemade puff pastry in the freezer and I am a freak for all things Indian so these have to be made very soon. In fact, they would clear our the remains of my veg drawer very nicely 😀
Molly Kumar October 16, 2016 (6:07 am)
That would be awesome and I’m happy you’re gonna try them soon 🙂
Coco in the Kitchen October 5, 2016 (4:43 pm)
What a yummy idea! I’m going to make these for my lunch!
Molly Kumar October 16, 2016 (6:45 am)
Thanks Coco 😉
SunnyDaysNora October 5, 2016 (1:50 pm)
Ohmygoodness these look delicious!! What a great idea!