Carrot Potato Savory Crepes: crispy, delicious and quick crepes that are filling and healthy.
‘Swoosh’ went the weekend and Monday has already pushed us into the work mode. With all the over-indulged food-weekend….oh no wait…
.I would rather say food indulgent month, it’s now time to get back to healthier routine.
So Sunday night actually turned into a healthy food screen for the pantry.
Absolutely, sticking to the regime, the day started with a fresh cold-pressed green juice and followed by “Carrot Potato Savory Crepes”.
They are healthy, light and fills you up for a good 4-5 hours. I’m using semolina to make these crepes as it’s extremely light on the stomach, healthy and it tastes great in a batter (sweet or savory).
Although, I am using carrots and potatoes, however you can use any combination of vegetables. It’s one of those recipes that can be made in huge batch and eaten for 2-3 days.
Just freeze the leftover batter and thaw a night before in fridge. They are perfect as snacks or packed lunches too.
*** Note – For my Vegan Friend’s, please use homemade or store-bought vegan yogurt
~ Enjoy and I’ll come back soon with another healthy recipe soon ~
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- ½ Cup Semolina (Cream of Wheat) –
- Thin or thick any variety
- ¼ Cup Flour – I’m using whole wheat, you can use A.P or any other flour of choice
- ½ Cup Plain Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Medium Carrot – Thinly Grated
- 1 Large Boiled Potatoes – Thinly Grated
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil – For Making the Crepes (You may use any flavorless oil of choice)
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt – As per taste
- In a large bowl, mix semolina, flour and seasoning together.
- Add yogurt, water and make a thick smooth batter.
- Now, add the grated carrot, potato and whisk everything together to form a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat the nonstick for a minute with ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1½ ladle of batter on the nonstick and swirl the batter (To form a thick circular shape)
- using the ladle.
- Let it cook on medium heat for about a minute.
- Flip the crepe gently to the other side and let it cook for another minute (a minute for lightly cooked soft crepes and two minutes for crispy crepes)
- Transfer the soft cooked crepes to serving dish and follow the steps above to make all the crepes.
- You can stack them (open face) all together or serve in individual plate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g