Instant Savory Oats Crepe – Oats Chilla: is a delicious and healthy breakfast that’s ready in 10 minutes, made using oats, chickpea flour, and cabbage. Perfect for weekday or brunch too.
These Instant Savory Oats Crepe – Oats Chilla or Oats Cheela are an absolute favorite breakfast menu for us and you can definitely see it once a week made at our home.
What is Oats Crepe or Oats Chilla?
They are nothing but the same thing, the crepe is also known as ‘chilla’ or ‘cheela’ in Indian Hindi language and these ‘Savory Oats Crepes’ are made using oats flour along with few other ingredients listed below.
They are soft yet crispy and extremely delicious!
Ingredients for Instant Savory Oats Crepe:
- Oats Flour – you can make it at home.
- Chickpea Flour – you can use plain flour too
- Plain Yogurt – this can be vegan yogurt too
- Cabbage – I’m using a mix of green + purple
- Seasoning – regular salt and pepper
- Oil – to make the crepes/chilla
This post has been so old that I’ve been wanting to update it with some new pictures but the recipe remains the same.
How to Make Oats Flour?
Okay, now the first ingredient I’ve listed is ‘Oats Flour’ and trust me it’s pretty simple to make at home.
- You can make it using any kind of oats like Instant Oats/Rolled Oats/Old Fashioned Oats.
- Simply pulsed them in a hand blender to create ‘Oats Flour’ at home.
- But if you’re glutenfree, please feel free to use glutenfree oats for making the flour.
- Once the ‘Oats Flour’ is ready, you can keep it in an air-tight container for future use.
Also, I’m using plain yogurt for the batter, however, if need be or vegan, please use a vegan yogurt.
You can even skip ‘yogurt’ and make this using ‘milk (use vegan options if need be) or even water.
So, hope you try and enjoy these crepes/chilla as much as we do 🙂
... (Below is the Old Post, posted on Jan 2015) …..
Hello Everyone, We are almost by the end of January 2015….and I’m hoping a lot of you might be still holding on to your Eating Healthy resolution.
I’m trying to stick to my “Eat Breakfast every day” resolution too.
Now, being a non-breakfast person, it’s really Hard for me…..
there are day’s when I do get tempted to not eat any breakfast or just grab some cookies and tea instead
(To which few might say, that’s fine…but trust me, our body needs more than that in the morning).
So, most of the day’s I go with my green smoothie/juice breakfast, along with some nuts but every now-then I try to incorporate healthy, quick and easy breakfast recipes too.
Now, in the past I’ve also mentioned, my not so much liking for oatmeal but I try different way’s to incorporate it like in these Instant Savory Oats Crepe cause:
A. It’s easy to make, like 5 mins
B. Healthy and fills tummy for longer.
So, Today, I’m going to share an extremely easy recipe of Instant Oats Crepe / Oats Cheela.
It’s a savory version and you can add any other veggie/meats to it (as per choice).
It’s become one of my “favorite” goto recipes these days cause it’s made like in 5 minutes and tastes awesome…
And Yes, someday’s even food blogger’s wants to just be lazy 🙂
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Cups Instant Oats Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour - optional
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt - use vegan yogurt if need be
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Grated Carrot
- 2 Tbsp Thinly Chopped Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Thinly Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Thinly Chopped Red Cabbage
- 2 Large Green Chilies – thinly chopped - optional
- ½ Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil (U can use any other oil) – For making crepe/chilla
- In a large bowl, add all 3 flour, salt, cumin and whisk everything once.
- Now add water and whisk to form a lump-free batter (resembling pancake batter).
- Add all the chopped veggies, ginger and stir everything.
- Heat a nonstick pan over high flame and apply 1 tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 heaping ladle of the batter over the pan, swirl it using ladle to form a round shape.
- Reduce flame, cook the chilla/crepe for 1-2min, flip side.
- Pour ¼ tsp oil and cook the other side for 1-2min. (Depending on how brown/crisp you?want – For more crisper or brown look, cook an extra minute)
- Increase the flame to high and cook for 1min.
- Follow the steps above to make all the remaining crepes/chilla.
- Serve Hot or Cold as per preference.
Instant Oats Flour - use glutenfree oats if need be
Chickpea Flour (Besan) - you can use plain flour instead
Plain Yogurt - use vegan yogurt if need be
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g