Moong Dal Chilla or Split Yellow Lentil Crepes (V+GF)
Moong Dal Chilla or Split Yellow Lentil Crepes: protein-packed, vegan and glutenfree breakfast or snack.
Moong Dal Chilla or Split Yellow Lentil Crepes
Moong dal may not be your favorite lentil however it does have lots of benefits, especially for no-meat diet. It’s extremely rich in fiber and has a high content of Protein, Folate and Vitamin B.
In India, it’s specially prescribed to people who are on low fat/carb diet OR if they are unwell due to fever/allergies as it’s very mild & easier to digest than any other lentils.
It has a mild flavor hence it can be added to OR eaten with other entrees/appetizer. So here’s a recipe for Moong Dal Chilla (Crepes), which is very easy to make, has lots of benefits and also this consumes very less oil.
Serving Suggestion: This is a very
healthy n light crepe/chilla & can be eaten with Chutney/Sauce/Pickle as
breakfast OR light lunch.
1 Large Pot – For soaking the moong dal
1 Flat non-stick pan – for making crepes/chilla
1 Electric Grinder/Churner/Food Processor
1 Cup OR Bowl – To pour & form crepe/chilla
2 Yellow Moong Dal
4 Cups Water
3 Garlic Cloves –Crushed into very small pieces (Depending on Taste) – Optional
2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander – Chopped
¼ Cup Carrots – Grated
4 Tbsp Oil (U can use any oil )
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
2 Tsp Powdered Salt
(As per your taste)
- A night before, soak yellow moong dal, water in a large non-stick pot. (Should soak for 5-6hrs OR till tender)
- In the morning OR after 5-6hrs, make a thick batter (with little water) like a paste of the moong dal using a grinder.
- Add garlic paste, chili powder, salt to the batter and mix till everything is properly combines.
- Heat flat non-stick on high, dab with oil, pour a cup of batter and form around crepe/chilla shape (You can make it as thick/thin per choice).
- Sprinkle grated carrots & coriander over the crepe/chilla. After 1 min, turn to another side,
dab oil on the side down and cook till light golden or brown.
- Serve Hot.