This post is sponsored by Seeds of Change but the recipe and the opinions are my own.
Super Easy Sweet and Sour Tofu Recipe: filled with delicious sweet and sour Chinese flavors, this vegetarian tofu recipe is the answer to your everyday meal challenge.
It’s perfect for busy weeknight or weekend brunch and comes together in 15 minutes.
Finally, it’s Friday and this week was such a drag for many of us because of the long weekend!
But thankfully my Super Easy Sweet and Sour Tofu Recipe was there to brighten our meal situation.
For me, weeknight meals are such a touchy topic as we start thinking of all these delicious dishes and many times we are so tired to cook that we end up ordering a pizza.
So, I’m always on a lookout for easier (like 10-15 mins recipe), healthier options and I’m so glad I came across ‘Seeds of Change® Sauces‘.
Basically, Seeds of Change is an organic seeds and food brand and they recently launched new organic Simmer Sauces that are:
Free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
They come in an easy no mess, easy-to-pour 8 oz. pouch. (Given below are some of the sauces options):
I’m really excited to try all these flavors but since we were in mood to have Chinese food, I went ahead with the ‘Sweet and Sour Simmer Sauce‘.
The instructions are fairly simple and all you got to do is gather your favorite veggies (chopped) and protein of choice (we are using tofu).
Then sautee the veggies and tofu (or meat incase you’re using that) till it’s cooked (took me 5 minutes).
Then add the sauce and simmer for 7-8 minutes. That’s it 🙂 Now you see Why I’m soooo happy !!!
It was so simple and literally a no-mess or fuss recipe.
No spices to mix, no other sauces to mix, just snip open the package, cook and serve kinda meal.
It literally took me 15 minutes to get the dish made and served on the table.
While the dish was cooking, I also steamed some brown rice to serve along with it.
Now, that we have devoured this Super Easy Sweet and Sour Tofu Recipe, I can’t wait to try the other sauces…
Maybe I’ll try the Mushroom Simmer Sauce next as we did see some gorgeous farm fresh mushrooms in our local farmers market.
So go ahead and grab these simmer sauces, priced at $3.25/each and they are available at: Target, Meijer, Albertsons, Publix, Harris Teeter and Price Chopper
As per me, it fits my ‘Budget Meal’ definition too as the package feeds 4 people using minimum other ingredients.
I’m definitely sure that the Seeds of Change® organic simmer sauces will inspire you to easily prepare tasty and healthy meals every day.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 box Firm Tofu - chopped into 24 pieces or bite size
- 1 Sweet & Sour Seed of Change Simmer Sauce Pouch
- 1 Medium White Onion - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Carrot - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper - chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - sauté the tofu & veggies
- 2-3 Fresh Cilantro Leaf
- 1/8 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Heat a large pan and add 2 Tbsp oil.
- Place the tofu in the pan and sauté both sides till lightly cooked or golden brown in color.
- Remove the tofu on to a plate
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and add all the veggies.
- Sautéed the veggies for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce and stir everything together.
- Simmer on low heat for 7 minutes.
- Now add tofu and sauté everything lightly (mix tofu, veggie and sauce together).
- Turn off the heat and transfer everything to serving bowl.
- Decorate with cilantro and sesame seed.
- Serve with steamed rice or any side of choice.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1802 Total Fat 101g Saturated Fat 6g Sodium 962mg Carbohydrates 48g Protein 144g