Ginger Cashew Tofu: quick and easy Chinese stir-fry tofu and cashews in a spicy soy-ginger sauce is an easy entree recipe. Serve with steamed rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
Monday’s are for stir-fry’s and this Ginger Cashew Tofu is a perfect mix of taste with health.
Comes together in 15 minutes, this recipe is saucy, a bit of sweet-spicy and goes perfectly with noodles, rice, quinoa or any grain of choice.
Ingredients for Ginger Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
- Fresh Ginger (dry would do too)
- Soy Sauce
- Spicy Sauce or fresh chilies
Also, I wanted to keep the recipe light hence the sauce is thin or you can say almost invisible.
After all the weekend eating marathon or if you are like us, we complete tons of pending work on weekend and by the time it’s Sunday night, I have no energy to even think about food.
So after devouring mini pizza’s (each 😉 on Sunday night, I definitely wanted something healthy and quick for Weeknights Menu.
And this Ginger Cashew Tofu fits right and I’m serving this with a bowl of quinoa.
The Process to Make Ginger Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
Just like any stir fry’s, this recipe of Cashew Tofu is super easy to make.
Make the sauce mix first and simply stir-fry or saute (if you prefer) everything together in the end.
It’s so easy to prepare and can even be made and kept for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Just do a quick stir fry and serve with a bowl of ready to eat or home cooked rice/quinoa/couscous or any other grain of choice.
The color is spectacular and you can make it spicier or even sweeter as per your choice.
I love such recipes as they are so quick yet flavorful. So do try this recipe today or soon as it makes a great and quick weeknight entree.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
You May Also Like ::
- 1 Packet Firm Tofu - 14 oz packet - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ginger - shredded
- 1/4 Cup Cashews - roasted
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil - to saute tofu
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil - to make the sauce
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce - use any variety
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger - shredded (you may use dry ginger powder)
- 1 Tsp Chili Sauce - any variety would do or use chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Ketchup - any variety
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt as per taste - see notes
How to Make Ginger Cashew Tofu:
- In a medium bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a large wok or non-stick pan.
- Add the chopped tofu and evenly cook on both side (we want a light brown coating - takes 5 minutes).
- Transfer the lightly cooked tofu to another plate.
- In the same wok/non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger paste and saute evenly.
- Now add the sauce ingredients, water, mix evenly and cover cook for 5 minutes - on low heat.
- Remove the cover and add the tofu, cashews, green onion and saute everything together on high heat. (2 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and transfer the tofu to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped green onion and ginger.
- Serve fresh
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 209mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Protein: 25g