Butter Chicken Pinwheels: Delicious, buttery, melt in your mouth puff pastry pinwheels stuffed with butter chicken sauce, chicken and cheese. They are perfect for your parties, brunches and special event.
These ” Butter Chicken Pinwheels ” literally MELTS in your Mouth & Soooo Addicting!!!
We are soon approaching Diwali ~ Indian Festival of Lights and a lot of you have requested me for an easy chicken appetizer for the party.
So I’m here and I’m calling ALL MY Butter Chicken + Snack Lovers as these will be a Star of Your Party!!!
And these pinwheels are perfect to make for a crowd or just a party of 4. The Semi-homemade kind of snack is just the thing you need after slogging aLL day in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Butter Chicken Pinwheels:
Since it’s a semi-homemade kind of snack, I’m going for a ready-made butter chicken sauce (which we absolutely loooove) but you can totally use your own recipe.
- Puff Pastry Sheets
- Butter Chicken Sauce – homemade or storebought (Try Sutter Buttes Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce)
- Cooked Chicken – thinly chopped or shredded
- 1 Onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cheese – I’m using a mixed cheese
- 1 Egg – whisked
- Salt + Pepper – as per taste
The Process to Make Butter Chicken Pinwheels:
Easy ingredients and even easier steps to make the recipe:
- Start by thawing the puff pastry sheets.
- Lay it flat on a baking tray and slather the luscious butter chicken sauce on it.
- Sprinkle cooked and chopped chicken.
- Add onion, cheese and gently press the stuffing.
- Start folding the sheet in the shape of a log.
- Brush the log with whisked egg and Keep it in the freezer for 5 minutes as that helps hold the shape.
- Remove from the freezer and slice the log into 1.5 inch wide pinwheels.
- Turn them face up on the baking sheet.
- Bake the pinwheels to a golden perfection
- Remove from oven, cool and little and serve.
I usually server these Butter Chicken Pinwheels as is or without any sauce, as they are so creamy that they donot need any dip with it.
Which for me is perfect as I dont have to worry about a dip or sauce. Also less utensil – Wohooo!
Always & I mean Always Freeze the Puff Pastry dish before baking or cutting as that helps retain the shape.
The puff pastry remains intact and the puffs come out crispier when you freeze for few minutes before baking.
Go ahead and enjoy these snacks and hide some extra for yourself as they are gone in seconds.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 5 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
- 1 Package Puff Pastry Sheet (contains 2 sheet per package)
- 1.5 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 Large Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese – can use any variety as per choice.
- Salt – as per taste
- 1 Egg - whisked
• Thaw the Puff Pastry sheets if kept in the freezer. Once thawed, keep them in the fridge till ready to use.
• Pre-heat the oven at 350 F
How to Make the Butter Chicken Pinwheels:
- In a large bowl, mix together chopped onion and shredded chicken. Keep aside.
- Remove the thawed Puff Pastry sheets from the package.
Take 1 Puff Pastry sheet and place on the baking tray.
- Unfold it to form a rectangle and smoothen it.
- Take 3tbsp of the Butter Chicken Sauce and gently spread it all over the smoothened Puff Pastry sheet (cover edges nicely).
- Sprinkle the onion-chicken mixture evenly all over the sauce.
Now, sprinkle ½ cup cheese all over it and even everything over the Puff Pastry sheet.
- Starting from the edges, fold the stuffed Puff Pastry sheet into a log shape.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the log-shaped Puff Pastry into 1.5-inch thick pinwheels. (Each log will make about 10 pinwheels)
- Similarly, stuff and cut the other Puff Pastry sheet.
- Take each pinwheel and place it stuffing side up and brush them with whisked egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden orange in color.
- Once baked, let cool for a minute and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g