This post is written in partnership with CK Mondavi and Family. As always, the opinions here are all my own.
Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts: buttery, flakey tarts using a mix of fig jam, onion, chicken and cheese on a puff pastry crusts. A Perfect appetizer for wine parties, summer picnics or even Father’s Day.
Father’s Day is around the corner and just like many of you, I’m getting ready to throw an awesome and food-filled party/picnic for my Dad.
And what better way to start than a chilled glass of CK Mondavi and Family Pinot Grigio and freshly baked Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts.
These warm, buttery Tarts make an excellent appetizer with wine.
Wine is one of our Favorite Summer Drink (not that I donot enjoy a glass or two in another season 😉 but it’s like our goto drink at home any given time.
And I’m always so excited about trying our very own (I say own, cause we are so close to Napa) CK Mondavi and Family Wines.
They have wines for ALL your occasions/needs and can be easily found in stores near you -> Here
So, this summer, you’ll see these wines being a part of our house parties/girls night/ picnics, etc :
- CK Mondavi and Family Pinot Grigio
- CK Mondavi and Family Chardonnay
- CK Mondavi and Family Sauvignon Blanc
What’s even more, Fun and Exciting is that the Mondavi’s are running a Sweepstake and you get a chance to meet and play a game of Bocce with the Mondavis:
“Enter for a chance to WIN A TRIP TO NAPA VALLEY to play bocce with the Mondavis.
Once, you have filled the Sweepstake details, now let’s get back to our recipe:
The process to Make the Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts:
Since I’m making it for a Father’s Day gettogether, I’m using both the puff pastry sheets that come in a single pack.
- The steps are pretty simple and all you need to do is thaw and cut the puff pastry sheets into equal squares.
- Add cheese, toppings, herbs and cheese once again on top.
- Brush with whisked egg for that golden glow.
- Bake for 400 F for 7 minutes for that warm buttery crispy taste.
This is HOW the Cheesy Golden Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts would look as soon as they are out of the oven!!!!
And as I mentioned above, it’s going to be for a Fathers Day celebrations, so we have already chilled all the three bottles of wine along with some grapes.
For this particular tart, I’m pairing the CK Mondavi Pinot Grigio, which is a medium-bodied wine filled with aromas of wildflowers, peaches and pears.
Making it an ideal pairing with buttery tarts.
Here’s Our Gorgeous Father’s Day Platter with Tart, Chilled Wine and Grapes.
Go Ahead and Enjoy Father’s Day along with these Tarts and chilled wine.
You can also enjoy some of my foodie friends recipe with these wines:
Roasted Chickpeas Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Lemon Wine Vinaigrette (Christina at Go Epicurista)
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
You can find follow CK Mondavi and Family on social media here: Instagram / Twitter / Facebook
Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts
Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts: buttery, flakey tarts using a mix of fig jam, onion, chicken and cheese on a puff pastry crusts. A Perfect appetizer for wine parties, summer-spring party or even Father's Day.
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry - thawed
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken - cooked homemade or store-bought
- 1 Large Red Onion - thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Figs Jam - use any figs jam you like
- 2 Cups Mixed Cheese - shredded
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary - chopped
- 1 Eggs - whisked
- Salt - as per taste
- Red Chili Flakes - optional
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into 20 equal squares (these are small-medium squares, you may cut bigger pieces as per choice).
- Place the cut squares onto a baking tray (I'm using 2 large tray that fits 20 tarts).
- Top each tart with fig jam, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, chopped rosemary, salt and red chili flakes (if using).
- Lightly dab the whisked egg (using a brush) on each uncooked party tart.
- Place both the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown and the tarts puff up completely.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven door (be careful as it would be very hot).
- Transfer the Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts to a serving tray.
- Add the chilled CK Mondavi Pinot Grigio bottle, wine glasses and serve the tarts along with them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
4 Replies to "Chicken, Onion and Fig Puff Pastry Tarts"
Sandi June 14, 2019 (5:35 pm)
I am totally drooling over this Molly. I can’t wait to try it with the wine.
Molly Kumar July 12, 2019 (12:44 pm)
Christina Thomas June 13, 2019 (1:25 pm)
Love the combo of fig and onions. Those tarts are gorgeous! Great way to celebrate Father’s Day with CK Mondavi Wines! Cheers!
Molly Kumar June 13, 2019 (3:37 pm)
Hi Christina, thanks so much and so glad you liked the combination.