Dhaba Style Achari Paneer Recipe: learn to make this extremely flavorful, quick and delicious recipe using paneer, yogurt and achari masala (Indian pickle mix). Extremely popular North Indian recipe, that can be eaten with roti/naan/bread/rice, etc.
The weekend is just around the corner and there cannot be anything better than a comfort meal, especially this Dhaba Style Achari Paneer Recipe!
What is Dhaba Style Achari Paneer Recipe
Dhaba literally means ‘street side restaurants’ in India and extremely famous for their rustic-authentic recipes.
The closest to Paneer in the International market would be chunky cottage cheese.Achari is a type of Indian pickling mix usually made using 3 main ingredients – Fennel, Nigella Seed, and Fenugreek Seed.
So the recipe is rustic Indian style paneer sauteed in an achari mix. It’s an extremely delicious and soul-satisfying dish.
How to Make Achari Paneer Recipe :
The reason behind the popularity of any street style restaurant / dhaba food is that the food is freshly prepared as ordered.
And I totally believe that freshly ground spices, ground pastes adds so much more flavor to any dish. Hence I’m breaking this dish into 3 parts:
- Making the Onion Paste Mix (base of the sauce)
- Making Freshly Ground Achari Masala or Mix:
- Sauteeing everything together to form a rich saucy mix with paneer.
(Step by Step Picture of How to Make Achari Paneer / Masala Paneer)
Once you follow the steps below, your end dish will look something like this:
Serving the Dhaba Style Achari Paneer / Achari Paneer Masala / Paneer Masala:
Once the dish is ready, simply transfer everything to a platter, add some chopped cilantro and serve hot.
You can serve this with Bread / Naan / Roti / Rice / Quinoa , etc
Storing Achari Paneer :
This can be stored in an air-tight box (I prefer a glass container to store curry as they don’t stain) and can be in the fridge for 2 days.
Reheating the Paneer:
- Once you are ready to reheat, just remove from fridge, add 1/4 cup water and mix everything.
- Set on Microwave for 2 minutes or cook in a stovetop pan for 5 minutes.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Cups Bite Size Paneer - cottage cheese cubes
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt - You can use any thick yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil *
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Piece
- 2 Large Onions - thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste **
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dry Kasuri Methi - optional
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seed - Indian name: Methi Dana
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seed - Indian name: Saunf
- 1 Tsp Onion Seed - Indian name: kalonji
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- Add onion, ginger, garlic in a grinder jar and pulse to form a smooth paste.
- Keep Aside
Make the Achari Spice Mix:
- Add all the spices (whole+powdered) in a grinder jar and pulse.
- Make a smooth powder and keep aside.
How to Make Dhaba Style Achari Paneer Recipe:
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pot.
- Add the onion paste and saute for 3-4 minutes over medium heat (stir every half minute). The onions should turn golden.
- Now add the sliced onion, achari spice mix and saute for 2 minutes (till sauteed onions are pink)
- Now add the tomato, ketchup and saute for another 2 minutes (stir to make sure tomato paste evenly spreads in the mix).
- Add yogurt and mix everything.
- Cover and cook this for 3 minutes on medium heat (stir every half minute).
- Remove the cover and the masala would be bubbling hot.
- Add the cubed paneer and saute.
- Let this simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to serving plater and sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy
Oil: (You can use any oil however it tastes best in MUSTARD Oil)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 25g