Lauki Paneer Kofta Recipe: extremely soft, delicious and quick recipe to make vegetarian kofta using lauki (bottle guard/squash), paneer (cottage cheese) and Indian spices in a luscious tomato gravy/curry.
Lauki Paneer Kofta | Lauki Kofta | Lauki ka Kofta
What is Lauki Paneer Kofta or Lauki ka Kofta ?
One of my favorite vegetarian meatballs is Lauki Paneer Kofta, popularly known as Lauki ka kofta.It’s this melt in your mouth, delicious kofta (meatballs) made using lauki and paneer in a saucy delicious gravy.
A quintessential kofta/vegetarian meatballs recipe from the northern part of India.
In India, ‘Lauki’ also known as Opo / Squash, is a popular summer vegetable and if you have also grown up in India like me, you would have had Lauki in some form….curry/sauteed.
And these Lauki Paneer Kofta are everyone’s Favorite be it any age.
What Did You Need to Make Lauki Paneer Kofta?
It’s a simple recipe and you need the following:
For Kofta / Meatballs:
Lauki / Opo Squash – shredded and squeeze any excess water.
Paneer / Cottage Cheese – shredded
Besan / Chickpea Flour (GramFlour) – plain or raw
Basic Spices – turmeric, chili, salt
Fresh Cilantro / Coriander – optional
Making the Lauki Paneer Kofta:
Just mix the mentioned ingredients and form balls.
Then saute/fry the koftas to golden brown perfection over low-medium heat. (this along with less fillers makes this an extremely soft+delicious combination).
Once the koftas are cooked, keep then in a plate and make the sauce.
Once the sauce is cooked, add the koftas and serve along with a favorite choice of side.
I did go a step further and decorated the kofta’s using whisked yogurt (yup, this is light and healthy), fresh cilantro and chopped almonds.
This adds not just a great look but makes it even more delicious.
So, this weekend or even in the week, make these Lauki Paneer Kofta Recipe and surprise your loved ones.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Dhaba Style Achari Paneer Recipe – Masala Paneer Recipe
Restaurant Style Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe (GF)
Lauki Paneer Kofta Recipe - How to make Lauki Kofta
Lauki Paneer Kofta Recipe:
For Lauki Paneer Kofta/Meatballs:
- Lauki (Opo Squash) - shredded and squeeze any excess water.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - shredded
- Besan (Chickpea Flour / GramFlour) - plain or raw
- Fresh Cilantro / Coriander - optional
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Olive Oil - or any light oil (to fry the koftas)
For Tomato Gravy/Sauce:
- 2 Large Onion - thinly chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt - use any kind - whisked
- 1 Tbsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Kasuri Methi - optional
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - to cook the gravy
Spices for the Gravy:
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
! Make the Lauki Paneer Kofta/Meatballs:
- In a large bowl, add all the kofta ingredients and mix evenly.
- Scoop 1.5 tbsp of this mix in your palm and form a round shaped ball.
- Keep the ball in a plate and similarly make 10-12 koftas.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a deep pan/pot.
- Gently place 3-4 koftas in the pot (depending on space) and saute on low flame.
- Cook the koftas until golden brown all over and then remove the cooked koftas.
- Similarly, fry all the koftas and keep aside.
! Make the Tomato Gravy:
- Heat a large non-stick pan.
- Add 3Tbsp olive oil and heat for a minute over medium flame.
- Add bay leaf, chopped onions and all the spices (except garam masala).
- Saute till golden brown (takes 2-3 minutes).
- Add ginger+garlic paste and saute for another 2 minutes (low flame).
- Now add the tomato paste and saute everything on low flame.
- Let this cook for 3 minutes, add water and yogurt.
- Whisk and let this cook for 4 minutes or till you see oil separating in corner.
- Once the gravy is cooked, add cooked koftas and lightly mix everything.
- Cook this for 5-6 minutes over medium flame and turn off the heat.
- Transfer Lauki Paneer Kofta in a serving bowl and decorate with whisked yogurt and chopped almonds.
- Finally sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- This can be eaten with rice/roti or any grain.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 7gSugar: 11gProtein: 20g
No Replies to "Lauki Paneer Kofta Recipe - How to Make Lauki Kofta"