Quick Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas: baked to golden perfection, these empanadas are crispy on the outside and creamy inside. These empanadas are made using biscuit dough in that’s perfect for all your big/small batch recipes.
These Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas are our favorite party snack!!
Ingredients for Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas
- Flakey Biscuit Dough
- Ricotta – can take any (low fat or full-fat Ricotta)
- Corn (frozen is preferred)
And we have been literally having these empanadas for lunch/dinner or snack courtesy the New Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
We recently got to try this powerful kitchen gadget that’s a ” combination of superheated steam and conventional oven”.
It has 5 cooking modes – Toast, Warm, Bake/Reheat, Broil/Grill and Pizza!
In other words, this low-profile, countertop oven is POWERFUL Enough to do most of your cooking.
It needs NO-Preheating / Defrosting – Which is AMAZING cause who has time to do that when hunger strike!
It can fit a 12″ pizza and comes with a Broiling Pan and Crisper Tray (that’s dishwasher safe)…I’m literally loving it in my everyday use.
I’m also loving it for one particular reason and that is its size. It’s perfect for my countertop or even my kitchen table (when no counter space is available).
So, after trying a couple of frozen pizza and reheating takeaway pizza (which comes out all crisp, bubbly and hot in 10 minutes), it was time to make our favorite Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas!!
Step by Step Process to Make Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas
As I had already mentioned in a couple of my earlier posts, I always keep cans of ‘biscuit dough’ in the fridge for such quick recipes.
So, I’m using the same for this Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas along with spinach, corn, and ricotta.
Our filling is super easy, flavorful and light as I’m not using any other cheese other than ricotta.
Once our empanadas are filled and sealed, I placed them on the “Crisper Tray” provided with the oven.
The benefit of using a crisper tray is you get even baking (top and bottom).
Then you simply place the tray in the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven and simply press the pizza option and bake for 15 minutes.
You DO-NOT need to stop mid-way to turn the empanadas as the crisper tray will heat it evenly, so you cut down on any extra steps.
Simply go about doing other stuff while your Ricotta Spinach and Corn Empanadas are baked to golden perfection.
Once these empanadas are baked, serve them with your favorite sauce/dip and enjoy with loved ones.
So I would HIGHLY Recommend this ” Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven ” for all your everyday toasting/broiling/baking/grilling needs.
It’s perfect for all kitchen sizes and makes a great holiday gift for your special ones.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach - thawed and remove excess water.
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Corn - thawed and remove excess water
- 1 Egg - for brushing the empanadas on top or use milk
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Salt - or use as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Chili Flakes - as per taste
Make the Filling:
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, corn and seasoning.
- Mix everything until combined.
Prepare the Empanadas:
- Unroll the biscuit dough from the can.
- Divide each biscuit dough into half and make round balls.
- Roll each balls into 8' circular disc.
- Take 1 large tablespoon scoop and fill each circle with filling.
- Fold in half and pinch edges.
- Seal the empanadas by pressing with a fork along the edge.
- Repeat this process till all empanadas are filled and sealed.
- Place 6-8 empanadas on the crisper tray.
- Brush each of them with egg mixture and spray cooking oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes for 430F or until golden brown.
- Remove from the Superheated Steam Countertop Oven.
- Serve with favorite dip/sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
“This post is sponsored by SHARP USA. All Opinions as always are my own”