Anda Paratha – Egg Paratha Recipe: paratha/flatbreads layered with whisked eggs and onion. Soft, delicious and makes a great weeknight meal or packed lunch. Also known as Indian Eggs Layered Flatbread.
This Anda Paratha or Egg Paratha Recipe is one of those recipes that brings a smile to our face…… and soul.
It’s one dish/recipe that I have grown up eating and my love for it is even stronger 😉
The recipes completely fill you for a good 4-5 hrs or until your next meal and you can easily customize it as per your taste.
What is Anda Paratha – Egg Paratha?
It’s a mix of two recipes Omelette + Paratha, where whisked eggs (mixed with onions/masala) is layered on flatbread and cooked to golden perfection.
The flatbread can be either homemade (made using all purpose flour (maida) or whole wheat flour or a mix of both) or store-bought.
These Egg Paratha are perfect for a quick weeknight meal and great for packed lunches too.
As I had mentioned above, it’s also one of a very popular snack/meal option in the northern part of India.
Especially, if you’ve grown up in Delhi, you’d have had it many times in your local street shops/ office or even school/college cafeteria.
Anda Paratha (Egg Paratha) Ingredients :
Apart from a filing, healthy meal, it’s also under budget as you don’t need too many or high-end ingredients:
- Whole Wheat Flour – you can also use all-purpose flour (maida) or a mix of both
That’s it and you have about 15 parathas ready in 30 minutes.
Since this Anda Paratha – Egg Paratha Recipe is pretty famous, everyone has their own version.
No particular person can say that is exactly how it’s made as everyone adds their own twist and flavors.
The only thing constant is taste, ease, and total #comfortfood
How to Make Anda Paratha or Egg Flatbread:
Here’s My Recommendation for that Perfect Anda Paratha Everytime:
I’ve divided the steps into TWO Parts:
1. Making the Paratha or Flatbreads: cooking them completely.
2. Mixing the Egg separately and then adding it on top of cooked paratha’s to make them extra soft and fluffy. Finally cooking everything together for that one delicious paratha.
I highly recommend you trying this Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe this weekend and surprising your family with a new recipe.
If you’ve made Anda Paratha many times, then I’d recommend you to try my version too 🙂
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Indian Egg Curry Recipe
Indian Scrambled Egg – How to Make Masala Anda Bhurji
Methi Paratha – How to make Methi Paratha Recipe
Stuffed Egg Quesadilla (Indian Breakfast Quesadilla)
Anda Paratha - Egg Paratha (Egg Layered Indian Flatbread)
Anda Paratha - Egg Paratha Recipe: paratha/flatbreads layered with whisked eggs and onion. Soft, delicious and makes a great weeknight meal or packed lunch. Also known as Egg Layered Indian Flatbread
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil - for making paratha
- Extra Flour for Rolling Paratha
For the Paratha / Flatbread:
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds - optional
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Luke Warm Water
For Eggs Mixture:
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions - you may use any onion
- 1Tsp Green Chili Sauce - optional
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala - optional
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt - as per taste
For Decoration: optional?5 Tbsp Cilantro - chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
Making the Egg Mixture:
- In a large bowl, add all the egg mixture ingredients and whisk to a smooth consistency.
Making the Paratha / Flatbread:
- In a mixing bowl, add the paratha/flatbread ingredients and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls (makes about 15-17 parathas depending on the size you choose).
- Roll out the dough balls to form 1 inch thin round circular shapes and keep aside on a flat counter.
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa.
- Place the rolled paratha on a hot tawa, and let it cook for few minutes (till you see bubbles on surface - 30 seconds).
- Now turn the paratha and add a little oil on the surface and spread it evenly.
- Now flip the paratha again and apply oil on this side.
- Finally, cook both the sides (flipping in between - takes 1 minute)
- Once the paratha is cooked, remove it and keep on a clean plate.
- Repeat the process and cook all the parathas.
How to Make Anda Paratha - Egg Paratha:
- On the same hot pan, drizzle 1/2 tsp oil and pour 2-3 tbsp of the egg mixture.
- spread it a little using a ladle and immediately add the cooked paratha on top.
- Press the paratha so that the egg+paratha stick together and let this cook for 30 seconds.
- Now flip the side and see if the egg is thoroughly cooked.
- If the egg is cooked, transfer the paratha on a plate or cook the egg side down for few more seconds.
- Finally, when all Egg parathas are cooked, transfer to a serving plate and serve along with fav sauce + beverage.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
2 Replies to "Anda Paratha - Egg Paratha (Egg Layered Indian Flatbread)"
Nisha December 22, 2019 (1:17 am)
My favorite recipe and ypu made it so easy to make! We have it atleast once in 10 days😊
Tina Dawson | Love is in my Tummy March 16, 2018 (4:13 pm)
I bet this would taste absolutely divine with a side of coconut curry! Yumm!