Indian Scrambled Egg – How to Make Masala Anda Bhurji: Delicious scrambled egg recipe made using curry powder, making it bold, flavorful and so much more delicious in every bite. Ready in 10 minutes and can be enjoyed with bread/naan/poori/bhatura/paratha or rice.
Indian Scrambled Eggs or Masala Anda Bhurji is one of the same things.
Who’s ready for the weekend !!! I know I’m and this one is going to be extra special as we are celebrating Holi – Indian Festival of Color.
And just before we get into that festive mode, I wanted to share these Indian Scrambled Egg recipe with you’ll.
Which is also known as a Masala Anda Bhurji in India (Anda means Egg & Bhurji means Scramble).It’s something which is hands down our favorite go-to breakfast over weekends or special days (when you want to cook slightly different).
One of the things that get me every time about this recipe is the flavors – the creaminess from the eggs + the kick from the masala just blend perfectly together.
The other thing that I love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make.
Ingredients for Indian Scrambled Egg – Masala Anda Bhurji
6 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Large Onions – diced
2 Large Tomatoes – diced
1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
1/2 Tsp Grated Garlic
2 Large Boiled Potato – diced
1 Tsp Curry Powder
1 Jalapeno – thinly chopped – optional
1 Stalk Green Onion – for decoration
1 Tsp Salt – as per taste
4 Tbsp Olive Oil – use any light oil
The veggies that are added above are as per taste, you can use or remove any of the veggies as per your choice.
How to Make Indian Scrambled Egg – Anda Bhurji
- You don’t need any special pots or pans or fancy gadgets, nor any special spices.
- Just make the basic ‘masala mix’ (detailed further), add the curry powder, eggs and you’re almost done.
- Just mix, stir and the dish is ready in 10 minutes (for 4 people).
- Now, for the masala mix, all you need is onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger – that’s it. So simple yet so powerful in every bite.
Now, there’s just one more addition that I’ve done and that is added some bits of boiled potato but you can absolutely use or omit that as per your choice.
Whenever I make them, family’s one request is to make Indian Fried Flatbread called ‘Poori’ (which I’ll share the recipe soon) or Bread Bhatura
Infact, that’s exactly how I remember it’s served in many Indian homes and you can say that this is one of our Indian comfort food recipes.
So, that’s it for this weekend and I hope you did see my special Holi Indian Dessert Post where I’m talking all things colorful and delicious to make on Holi and surprise your loved ones.
Do try these Indian Scrambled Egg – Masala Anda Bhurji and let me know how you enjoyed them.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
:: You May Also Like :
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Large Onions - diced
- 2 Large Tomatoes - diced
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Garlic
- 2 Large Boiled Potato - diced
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Jalapeno - thinly chopped - optional
- 1 Stalk Green Onion - for decoration
- 1 Tsp Salt - as per taste
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil - use any light oil
Indian Scrambled Egg - Masala Anda Bhurji Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Keep aside.
- Heat a large pan and add 4tbsp olive oil.
- Add onion and saute for a minute (till light golden).
- Add grated ginger+garlic and saute for a 1/2 minute.
- Add boiled potato (if using) and saute this mix for 3 minutes over low heat (to cook the potato).
- Now add tomato and saute for a minute.
- Finally, add the whisked egg+milk mix and let it cook for a minute. (low heat)
- Start scraping the egg from the sides and mix everything together to form a scramble.
- Saute and stir the egg scramble.
- Lastly, add the curry powder, salt, cheese, and jalapeno.
- Give it a stir and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle chopped green onion.
- Serve hot with choice of side.
You can use any egg (white / brown / organic, etc)
You can use any kind of milk from low fat to whole milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g