Stuffed Egg Quesadilla (Indian Breakfast Quesadilla) a deliciously stuffed quesadilla with eggs cooked with Indian spices and veggies.
These Stuffed Egg Quesadilla are perfect for breakfast, brunch or any meal.
Stuffed Egg Quesadilla – Crispy on the Outside with a Melty Stuffing Inside
It’s ‘Friday’….YaYYYY – Everything looks so nice and lighter today.
Just the feel of the weekend approaching makes me want to do a happy dance and I’m sure a lot of you are already thinking about weekend plans.
With the weather being in-between 70’s-80’s (Fahrenheit), it’s perfect for a beach or a swim apart from the other weekend activities like camps/hikes/meet-ups and shopping
(How can I forget shopping …..with so many spring sale event’s around)
Now, getting back to our weekend topic, I’m thinking brunch, something real quick but filling for everyone at home.
Also something that can be easily packed and tastes delicious eaten cold (for outdoor activities).
So, I’m making “Stuffed Egg Quesadilla” or “Indian Breakfast Quesadilla with “Yogurt Dip”.
Who doesn’t love a mixture of eggs (free range-cage free off-course), veggies/meat with cheese stuffed in a tortilla wrap (Quesadilla)…
it’s ooey-gooey yum along with chilled onion yogurt dip (needs 2 minutes to prepare) and choice of beverage. Perfect weekend brunch or anytime meal.
This combination is easy to grab-n-go but also keeps the tummy filled for longer.
It’s a great way to make kids’s eat vegetables without even telling them.
TIP for Perfect Stuffed Egg Quesadilla
1. You can use any tortilla (regular or flavored)
2. If your kid doesn’t like seeing vegetables, you can use shredded veggies.
3. You can increase or decrease the amount of egg, veggies, cheese as per taste
4. You can use leftover veggies/meat (shred or chop to make it tiny)
5. You can use a homemade/fresh tortilla for this as well
NOTE: I’m using very basic veggies as stuffing, but you may use any kind of stuffing as per choice.
I’m sharing this recipe on ‘Simply Eggcellent‘ – You can hop on to see some eggcellent recipes there.
~ Enjoy & Have a Great Weekend ~
- 8 Uncooked Tortilla – I’m using homemade (wheat), you may use any brand plain tortilla
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Warm Water
- 4 Tbsp Grated Cheese – I’m using parmesan, you may use any cheese OR Skip this step
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil – For cooking the quesadilla
- 1 Medium Onion – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 Jalapeno – Deseeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Broccoli – Thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil – For Sauteing
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
For making the stuffing:
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan for a minute.
- Add Onion and sauté for 2minutes on medium heat (Onions become slightly golden brown)
- Now add tomato, salt, pepper and cook everything together for 2 more minutes.
- Now add broccoli, jalapeno and sauté lightly, cover and let it cook for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Clean the non-stick.
For Making the Yogurt Dip:
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, water along with all the seasoning and whisk to a smooth paste.
- Now add onion and whisk for another minute.
- Transfer to serving dish, decorate with chopped parsley and sprinkle red chili powder.
For making Stuffed Quesadilla:
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, water and whisk to form a smooth texture.
- Now add cheese to this mixture and whisk for another minute.
- Heat the non-stick pan on high for 2 minutes.
- Place one uncooked tortilla on the non-stick and let it cook for a minute.
- Turn the tortilla to another side.
- Add 2 tbsp egg mixture to the center of the cooked tortilla (Side up) along with 2tbsp of stuffing.
- Spread the egg and stuffing with a light hand in a circular motion (1/2 inch).
- Reduce heat.
- Now flip the opposite sides of the tortilla over each other forming a ‘Cone-Shape’.
How to Make Stuffed Egg Quesadilla (Indian Breakfast Quesadilla)
- Flip the third open side as well, covering the whole tortilla (making sure the egg and stuffing is completely inside) and form a triangle.
- Now dab, ¼ tbsp of oil evenly on the triangle facing up and flip it upside-down.
- Dab ¼ tbsp oil on the side facing up and cook both the side evenly pressing the quesadilla lightly (Takes about 2minutes).
- Check both the sides as they must have turned crisp golden brown and transfer to serving dish.
- Complete the same process to make rest of the quesadilla.
- Serve warm stuffed egg quesadilla with chilled yogurt dip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g