Indian Cheese Corn Toast: An easy and mouth-watering recipes using cheese, corn, bread and seasoning. Perfect for breakfast or kids snacks – ready in 15 minutes. It’s a mixture of corn, capsicum in a light white sauce baked on bread.
Indian Cheese Corn Toast is a perfect Appetizer / Back to School Snack / Breakfast.
Growing up, these Indian Cheese Corn Toast were my absolute favorite after-school snack or weekend breakfast menu.
So when my friend from Family Around The Table was hosting this week’s #SundaySupperI had to share this nostalgic recipe along with my other food blogger friends and we are bringing to you a mouthwatering array of Corn Recipes.
Ingredients for Indian Cheese Corn Toast:
- Corn – you can use frozen, fresh or canned sweet corn
- Bread Slices
- Bell Pepper (capsicum)
This Indian Cheese Corn Toast recipe was a popular pizza substitute too, you know what I mean 😉
You can even call it a Desi Pizza Slice (Desi = Indian), as it had all the toppings we wanted on a pizza and the white sauce (also known as Roux) was a homemade substitute of cheese.
So Voila – you have your pizza slice in a jiffy.
Hence, it was popular in many houses, restaurants and definitely a favorite with us kids. Fast Forward couple of years (by couple I mean 10-20yrs 😉
Now, we call the then Indian Cheese Corn Toast, a ‘cheese corn toast’ and it makes our weekend brunch/breakfast/appetizer menu so darn easy and delicious.
Process to make Indian Cheese Corn Toast
It’s so easy to make these Indian Cheese Corn Toast and you can use just about any kind of bread you have at home.
Just slice them into whatever shapes and there are 2 ingredients that are an absolute MUST for this recipe – Corn and Capsicum (Bell Pepper).
The sweetness of the corn, when combined with the spicy/sweet capsicum, adds such an awesome flavor and you can mix any other veggies of choice like onions, carrots, peas (even meat/bacon bits).
Just make a simple roux (the procedure in recipe card) and mix all the veggies.
Spoon them on the sliced bread, top it with cheese and bake.
It’s appetizer, you can make a night before and simply reheat (bake/microwave) and they’re ready to serve.
With Corn available so easily in the market, this is my favorite munching recipe these days and I hope you get to try it soon.
If you’re a busy parent looking for an easy #backtoschool snack recipe, this Indian Cheese Corn Toast is definitely a quick and delicious contender.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
Tag me on #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
You Can Also Try This :
Spicy & Cheese Corn Toast Recipe
Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice (15 Minutes Recipe)
Indian Cheese Corn Toast
Indian Cheese Corn Toast: An easy and mouth-watering recipes using cheese, corn, bread and seasoning. Perfect for breakfast or kids snacks - ready in 15 minutes.
- 8 Bread Slices - Cut into triangle
- 1 Cup Corn - You can use fresh /frozen or canned corn
- 1 Cup Capsicum/Bell Pepper - thinly chopped
- 1 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Colored Bell Pepper - optional
- 1 Jalapeno - thinly chopped - optional
- 1/4 Cup Cheese - shredded - you can use any variety
White Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter - I'm using salted butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180c.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add all purpose flour and mix evenly.
- Keep the heat at low and saute the butter - flour mix for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and mix evenly to form a smooth batter.
- Add salt, pepper, all the mentioned veggies and keep mixing the batter till it thickens and coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn of the heat and remove the pan and let this mixture cool a bit.
- Spoon the mixture over each slice (cut into a triangle) and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baked cheese corn toast from the baking tray and serve fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip by Flavor Mosaic
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Corn Chili Con Queso by From Gate to Plate
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Tomato and Corn Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Corn Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Corn Bread Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Italian Corn with Garlic-Basil Butter by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Custard Pie by Nik Snacks
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
29 Replies to "Indian Cheese Corn Toast - (Quick Recipe) #backtoschool"
Zinnat July 10, 2019 (4:37 pm)
It’s so delicious and looks yum. Thanks for sharing.
Molly Kumar July 12, 2019 (12:41 pm)
Thanks so much 🙂
Sunitha Arun Bhaskar February 29, 2020 (12:46 am)
This recipe was excellent. We loved it at home. Thank you! Quick question..I accidentally made a big batch of the corn mixture. How looking BBC dfi you think it will keep in the fridge? Will it freeze ok?
Molly Kumar March 2, 2020 (2:48 pm)
Hi Sunitha, thanks for trying the recipe and so glad you liked it 🙂 You can store the corn mixture in the fridge for 2 days and in the freezer for a week (kept in Ziploc or airtight box).
Katie August 13, 2016 (9:20 pm)
Oh my! I love the simplicity of this, but it would be SO satisfying!!!!
Molly Kumar August 16, 2016 (5:42 pm)
Bintu - Recipes From A Pantry August 10, 2016 (3:15 pm)
These remind me of pizza, how clever, would love to try, very inventive
Molly Kumar August 11, 2016 (7:22 am)
Thanks so much Bintu. It definitely tastes like a cheese pizza with corn topping 🙂
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook August 10, 2016 (4:35 am)
This idea is incredible! I can see why it was a hit growing up. Looks like I need to find out what it is, and then go get some capsicum!
Manju | Cooking Curries August 9, 2016 (7:16 pm)
I havet made this in a long long time. I make a chili cheese toast and Im gonna try this too! Sounds very delicious, Molly!
Molly Kumar August 11, 2016 (7:23 am)
Thanks Manju and the Chili Cheese Toast is so good too.
The Food Hunter August 9, 2016 (4:20 pm)
this is a wonderful recipe…I would love to try it.
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:08 pm)
Thanks so much, do give it a try 🙂
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine August 8, 2016 (9:08 am)
Such a great easy snack! Everyone loves some toast!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (4:56 pm)
Florentina August 8, 2016 (3:15 am)
This is so much fun! Love the photos and all the flavors going on!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:18 pm)
Thanks so much Florentina 🙂
Lindsey @ Butter & Type August 8, 2016 (12:55 am)
The very idea of cheese, corn, and toast as individual items is already exciting…but this recipe takes it all to another level. Love it!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:20 pm)
So True and I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for visiting Lindsey.
Sarah @ Champagne Tastes August 8, 2016 (12:37 am)
Oh how yummy! My toast after-school snack was toast with cinnamon sugar- this sounds delicious and more filling. Yummm
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:27 pm)
Thanks so much Sarah, toast with cinnamon sugar sounds super yum too.
Sarah August 7, 2016 (11:40 pm)
This looks like such a simple and quick dish to make…perfect for a weeknight dinner! And with cheese, corn and bread…I absolutely love this!!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:29 pm)
Thanks so much Sarah.
Lisa @ garlicandzest.com August 7, 2016 (10:33 pm)
This is a really inventive way to get your pizza fix! I’m sharing this with my college age daughter — maybe she’ll take it on herself to do this instead of ordering from take-out!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:31 pm)
Aweee, so sweet of you to share the recipe with your daughter. I hope she likes it 🙂 Thanks so much Lisa.
Christina | Christina's Cucina August 7, 2016 (10:26 pm)
What a lovely snack! What’s not to love? Everything on it sounds fab together!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (5:31 pm)
Thanks so much Christina.
Marion Myers August 7, 2016 (8:23 pm)
This looks delicious! I’m so excited to have a new recipe to try. Thanks for sharing!!
Molly Kumar August 9, 2016 (7:14 pm)
YaaaY, I’m glad you found a new recipe to try with corn. Thanks for visiting 🙂