Indian Cheese Corn Toast: An easy and mouth-watering recipes using cheese, corn, bread and seasoning. Perfect for breakfast or kids snacks – ready in 15 minutes. It’s a mixture of corn, capsicum in a light white sauce baked on bread.
Indian Cheese Corn Toast is a perfect Appetizer / Back to School Snack / Breakfast.
Growing up, these Indian Cheese Corn Toast were my absolute favorite after-school snack or weekend breakfast menu.
So when my friend from Family Around The Table was hosting this week’s #SundaySupperI had to share this nostalgic recipe along with my other food blogger friends and we are bringing to you a mouthwatering array of Corn Recipes.
Ingredients for Indian Cheese Corn Toast:
- Corn – you can use frozen, fresh or canned sweet corn
- Bread Slices
- Bell Pepper (capsicum)
This Indian Cheese Corn Toast recipe was a popular pizza substitute too, you know what I mean 😉
You can even call it a Desi Pizza Slice (Desi = Indian), as it had all the toppings we wanted on a pizza and the white sauce (also known as Roux) was a homemade substitute of cheese.
So Voila – you have your pizza slice in a jiffy.
Hence, it was popular in many houses, restaurants and definitely a favorite with us kids. Fast Forward couple of years (by couple I mean 10-20yrs 😉
Now, we call the then Indian Cheese Corn Toast, a ‘cheese corn toast’ and it makes our weekend brunch/breakfast/appetizer menu so darn easy and delicious.
Process to make Indian Cheese Corn Toast
It’s so easy to make these Indian Cheese Corn Toast and you can use just about any kind of bread you have at home.
Just slice them into whatever shapes and there are 2 ingredients that are an absolute MUST for this recipe – Corn and Capsicum (Bell Pepper).
The sweetness of the corn, when combined with the spicy/sweet capsicum, adds such an awesome flavor and you can mix any other veggies of choice like onions, carrots, peas (even meat/bacon bits).
Just make a simple roux (the procedure in recipe card) and mix all the veggies.
Spoon them on the sliced bread, top it with cheese and bake.
It’s appetizer, you can make a night before and simply reheat (bake/microwave) and they’re ready to serve.
With Corn available so easily in the market, this is my favorite munching recipe these days and I hope you get to try it soon.
If you’re a busy parent looking for an easy #backtoschool snack recipe, this Indian Cheese Corn Toast is definitely a quick and delicious contender.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
Tag me on #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
You Can Also Try This :
- 8 Bread Slices - Cut into triangle
- 1 Cup Corn - You can use fresh /frozen or canned corn
- 1 Cup Capsicum/Bell Pepper - thinly chopped
- 1 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Colored Bell Pepper - optional
- 1 Jalapeno - thinly chopped - optional
- 1/4 Cup Cheese - shredded - you can use any variety
White Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter - I'm using salted butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180c.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add all purpose flour and mix evenly.
- Keep the heat at low and saute the butter - flour mix for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and mix evenly to form a smooth batter.
- Add salt, pepper, all the mentioned veggies and keep mixing the batter till it thickens and coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn of the heat and remove the pan and let this mixture cool a bit.
- Spoon the mixture over each slice (cut into a triangle) and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baked cheese corn toast from the baking tray and serve fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip by Flavor Mosaic
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Corn Chili Con Queso by From Gate to Plate
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Tomato and Corn Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Corn Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Corn Bread Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Italian Corn with Garlic-Basil Butter by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Custard Pie by Nik Snacks
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.