Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe: soft, filled with flavors, delicious and a perfect meal with a hot cup of masala chai.
They are an extremely popular street snack from New Delhi and perfect for any meal or brunch menus.
The colors itself screams happiness, health, spring and makes a great Easter recipe too.
This Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe (also called Egg Flatbread) is one of those recipes that brings a smile to our face…… and soul.
It’s one such recipe that D and I, have both grown up eating and our mutual love for it is even stronger 😉
It’s one of those recipes that completely fills you for a good 4-5 hrs.
Or until your next meal and you can easily customize it as per your taste.
It’s basically a mix of two recipes Omelette + Paratha, combined in one for a quick healthy meal.
As I had mentioned above, it’s also one of a very popular snack/meal option in the northern part of India.
Especially, if you’ve grown up in Delhi, you’d have had it many times in your local street shops/ office or even school/college cafeteria.
Apart from a filing, healthy meal, it’s also under budget as you don’t need too many or even high-end ingredients, just eggs, wheat flour (or glutenfree if you prefer that), onion and spices.
That’s it and you have about 15 parathas ready in 30 minutes.
Since this Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe is pretty famous, everyone has their own version and no particular person can say that is exactly how it’s made as everyone adds their own twist and flavors.
The only thing constant is taste, ease and total #comfortfood
Here’s My Recommendation for that Perfect Anda Paratha Everytime:
I’ve divided the steps into TWO Parts:
1. Making the Paratha or Flatbreads: cooking them completely.
2. Mixing the Egg separately and then adding it on top of cooked paratha’s to make them extra soft and fluffy. Finally cooking everything together for that one delicious paratha.
I highly recommend you trying this Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe this weekend and surprising your family with a new recipe.
If you’ve made Anda Paratha many times, then I’d recommend you to try my version too 🙂
Another Extremely Popular Indian Breakfast/Snack:
Indian Cheese Corn Toast Popular Vegetarian Recipe
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+
Yields 15 Egg Parathas
Anda Paratha Egg Paratha Recipe
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
4 Tbsp Olive Oil - for making paratha
Extra Flour for Rolling Paratha
For the Paratha / Flatbread:
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds - optional
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Luke Warm Water
For Eggs Mixture:
1/2 Cup Warm Water
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions - you may use any onion
1Tsp Green Chili Sauce - optional
1/4 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala - optional
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt - as per taste
For Decoration: optional?5 Tbsp Cilantro - chopped
1 Tbsp Chopped Green Onion
Making the Egg Mixture:
- In a large bowl, add all the egg mixture ingredients and whisk to a smooth consistency.
Making the Paratha / Flatbread:
- In a mixing bowl, add the paratha/flatbread ingredients and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls (makes about 15-17 parathas depending on size you choose).
- Roll out the dough balls to form 1 inch thin round circular shapes and keep aside on a flat counter.
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa.
- Place the rolled paratha on a hot tawa, and let it cook for few minutes (till you see bubbles on surface - 30 seconds).
- Now turn the paratha and add a little oil on the surface and spread it evenly.
- Now flip the paratha again and apply oil on the this side.
- Finally cook both the sides (flipping in between - takes 1 minute)
- Once the paratha is cooked, remove it and keep on a clean plate.
- Repeat the process and cook all the parathas.
- Adding the Egg Mixture to Paratha:
- Now, on the same hot pan, drizzle 1/2 tsp oil and pour 2-3 tbsp of egg mixture.
- spread it a little using a ladle and immediately add the cooked paratha on top.
- Press the paratha so that the egg+paratha stick together and let this cook for 30 seconds.
- Now flip the side and see if the egg is thoroughly cooked.
- If the egg is cooked, transfer the paratha on a plate or cook the egg side down for few more seconds.
- Finally when all Egg Paratha’s are cooked, transfer to serving plate and serve along with fav sauce + beverage.