How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways)

How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways) : These vegan-glutenfree coconut matcha lattes are not only addictively delicious but absolutely healthy and takes 3 minutes to prepare. A tiny cup of this magical drink can do wonders for your mind, body and soul.

homemade-starbucks-matcha-latteHey Everyone, hope you had a great unwinding weekend and I’ve been waiting all energized to share these gorgeous ‘How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways)‘ with you’ll. They by far top my easy/healthy drinks list (did I mention they are super yum too) and they are my winter favorite because of all the antioxidants and vitamins it packs in one small cup. As always, before we jump right into the recipe, let’s talk a little about Matcha in case you were wondering what’s this all about? Matcha / Matcha Powder is nothing but green tea leaves, stone ground with precise technique to form this delicate looking green powder that’s packed with 10 times the power of your regular green tea. It was a part of Japanese tea ceremonies originating way back in 12th century and they till date follow a process called ‘Chanoyu’ where they prepare matcha tea in a beautiful yet step-by-step process. Although we keep calling it a tea but the process of making it is nothing close to steeping it in water, instead it’s whisked into water/choice of liquid and the particles are suspended to form this foamy earthy drink. matcha-powder-picture-easycookingwithmolly
I wasn’t a fan of matcha till about 3-4 years back but after tasting it couple of times during transit / other occasions, the taste just grew on me and reached a level where the only thing I would look for in Japanese stores or airport stores is good quality matcha powder. On my recent international visit, I ended up buying 6 boxes of high-quality matcha powder from Japan (they are seriously my priced possession these days). Upon returning home, I realized in all that matcha excitement, I dropped the bamboo whisk, bamboo teaspoon, and sifter (a must for proper matcha drinking ceremony) somewhere while shopping. So, we are using the good old frother or my favorite small mason jar (seriously, don’t give me those looks) to make these frothy lattes. quick-coconut-latte-recipeIf you’re wondering, darling, we thought we were discussing ‘How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways)’ and there’s no coffee mentioned till now (for lattes), well guess what – matcha powder + milk = matcha lattes. It’s that simple, there’s no coffee involved and since, we are making them using coconut milk, we are calling them ‘Coconut Matcha Latte’. If it’s the first time you’re drinking it, you’re definitely in for a treat as it tastes so yum and has this really calming effect which is almost zen or a feeling you get while meditating. Over a period of time, it’s also become one of my stress buster drink and the effect is such that whenever I even think of this drink, it makes me happy and making it is pure bliss. easy-matcha-latte-recipe-easycookingwithmollyAll, we need is coconut milk (any other if you’d like), matcha powder and any kind of whisk or frother. Next, warm the milk to your liking and turn off the gas and then you have 2 ways to make it:

First Way:  Using a frother/whisker  – Add milk, matcha powder and whisk till the foam is really thick.

Second Way: Mason Jar / Any kind of closed tumbler – Add milk, matcha powder, close the lid and get ready for some arms exercise 😉 You’re going to shake the jar for a minute to get this evenly mixed – foamy matcha lattes. how-to-make-matcha-latte-at-homeIt’s really simple I told you and the taste is delicious. There are times when I drink it without mixing any kind of sweetener but when I do, I always use honey to sweeten these lattes. I just feel it adds to the authentic taste and keeps it earthy. But, feel free to add sugar/sugar-free/agave any other sweetener of choice.
That’s it for now, give these How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways) a try soon and do tell me your experience.
Until Next Time ~ XoXo

2 People

How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways)

1 minPrep Time

2 minCook Time

3 minTotal Time

Save RecipeSave Recipe
Recipe Image

Ingredients

2 Cups Coconut Milk or any other milk or choice

1/2 Tsp Matcha Powder - you may add 1/4 tsp more for a stronger taste.

Honey - incase you need to sweeten it or any other sweetener

Instructions

1. Warm milk in a medium pan and turn off the gas. (you may heat it extra for an extra hot latte).
  2. Add matcha powder.
  3. Use a frother to whisk the powder and milk together.
  4. Continue whisking till you attain the foamy texture you like (I use a battery operated whisk and use it for a minute).
  5. Once the lattes are made, add honey/sweetener of choice and whisk again.
  6. Transfer to glasses and serve immediately.
Cuisine: Japanese | Recipe Type: Breakfast, Drink
7.6.3
192
Connect with Me Here:  Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+  How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways): #matcha #latte #vegan #coconut

26 Replies to "How to make Coconut Matcha Latte (3 minutes-2 ways)"

• comment-avatar
    Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy January 23, 2017 (5:06 pm)
    You know...I just bought some matcha yesterday. This looks like a good place to try it out. I happen to love coconut milk...so this is right up my alley. Perfect for an afternoon treat....or in the evening while I read a book.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 24, 2017 (6:17 am)
      That would be great Gloria. These lattes are so easy and you can totally customize the ratio of matcha to milk as per choice.
  • comment-avatar
    Marisa Franca @ All Our Way January 23, 2017 (7:19 pm)
    I have not tried matcha and I have not been on the bandwagon for smoothies -- I like to chew my food. But your Coconut matcha latte is more of a drink with super powers. THAT I could go for. It's amazing how many yummy foods there are put sometimes we're put off by the taste the first time we try them. It was that way with cilantro. Now, I love cilantro. I will give the matcha a try :-)
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 24, 2017 (6:16 am)
      Heheheh Marisa - I used to be like that till few years back and then I discovered the magic breakfast - smoothies :) but I do love my chewy foods equally and can't think of a day without them. I'm sure you'd love this latte version :)
  • comment-avatar
    khadija January 23, 2017 (7:30 pm)
    I absolutely love matcha, use it in alot of stuff, oatmeal, smoothies, pudding, muffins and matcha latte ofcourse. I make it with half water then add in milk as it boils and I whisk for 2 minutes ish, it almost tastes like the cafe matcha
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 24, 2017 (6:12 am)
      Seriously, once you start liking the taste of Matcha the possibilities are endless. We do drink half water-half milk version too and even that taste delicious. Thanks for visiting :)
  • comment-avatar
    Megan Marlowe January 23, 2017 (9:37 pm)
    I'm loving this. I am always looking for new and exciting recipes for using Matcha and this is right up my alley. I use to make a matcha green tea latte at a coffee shop I work at in college and fell in love with them. I love coconut milk so I cannot wait to try this version at home!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 24, 2017 (6:11 am)
      That sounds wonderful Megan, I can't wait for you to try this version.
  • comment-avatar
    Sarah @ Champagne Tastes January 23, 2017 (10:39 pm)
    Love this! I kept meaning to figure out what matcha is, but I had never actually looked it up! I'll have to get some matcha powder and try this-- the next time I see it-- I'm getting to make this!! (And.. that's tragic about your matcha brush! That's actually the reason that I wanted to look up more about matcha.. the brushes are Sooo cute!!!! lol)
  • comment-avatar
    Noel Lizotte January 24, 2017 (12:04 am)
    I first sampled matcha about 6 months ago and wasn't overly impressed. However, I really like your suggestion of making it with coconut milk and FROTHY! I'll bet the froth makes it fancier and thereby tastier.
  • comment-avatar
    Jolina January 24, 2017 (2:06 am)
    The timing is perfect! We bought a matcha set recently (with a frother and everything) but haven't opened the box - we just lovingly look at it haha. This is a great recipe to test that out. Yum. Love the coconut in this.
  • comment-avatar
    swathi January 24, 2017 (3:48 am)
    Molly this coconut matcha latte is so colorful and I'm sure it will be delicious . I like anything with coconut. I like this recipe because it is easy and less than 3 minutes to make. I have tried matcha in baked goodies, never in a drink. Now I know I can use it in that also.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 24, 2017 (6:05 am)
      Hi Swathi, I'm so glad you liked the recipe. Trust me, you'd love it, it's that delicious. Thanks for visiting.
  • comment-avatar
    Natalie | Natalie's Food & Health January 24, 2017 (11:05 am)
    I loooveee mason jar way heheh ;) I always use jars for making my dressings. I never thought to use it for making lattes hehe This coconut matcha latte looks absolutely amazing Molly. So much good stuff is packed in that cup. Loving, sharing, pinning!
  • comment-avatar
    Byron Thomas January 24, 2017 (1:25 pm)
    Molly, this is perfect! I'm such a lover of matcha - I just wish I could find it readily available. It's so hard to track down a good quality matcha - you were lucky to find some! Adding the coconut milk rather than regular whole or soy milk, just made this drink better. I can't wait to try it!
  • comment-avatar
    debi at Life Currents January 24, 2017 (2:03 pm)
    So nice and simple. I love this drink. I have never tried that matcha powder at home - I did have it once from a coffee shop. I need to get some to try it. What a beautiful color this is!
  • comment-avatar
    Stephanie@ApplesforCJ January 24, 2017 (2:58 pm)
    I've never tried Matcha and to be quite honest wasn't even sure what to do with it. This sounds so simple and I bet tastes great with the coconut milk. I'm in with this one...3 minutes and super power drink..Yeah :)
  • comment-avatar
    Julie | Bunsen Burner Bakery January 25, 2017 (3:03 am)
    I always love matcha recipes because of the gorgeous color. I think this definitely qualifies as "eating the rainbow!"
  • comment-avatar
    Chava January 25, 2017 (12:32 pm)
    LOVE it! I never thought to use coconut.
  • comment-avatar
    Silvia @ Garden in the Kitchen January 26, 2017 (12:00 am)
    Wow, this explains a lot! had a feeling Matcha was powdered green tea but never bothered looking it up and always wondered what it would taste like. Since I love tea (all kinds), I bet this would taste really delicious, especially with coconut milk. Sounds pretty easy to make it too!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 26, 2017 (4:24 pm)
      Thanks Silvia. Glad the details helped :)
  • comment-avatar
    Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 27, 2017 (2:40 am)
    I have not tried Matcha yet, but do drink green tea regularly. You have sparked my interest with this Matcha latte and I am looking forward to trying some soon. Matcha with coconut milk sounds so delicious.
  • comment-avatar
    Nicoletta @sugarlovespices January 27, 2017 (10:31 pm)
    Love this Latte! It looks beautiful and it tastes incredible, I'm sure!
  • comment-avatar
    Kim Lee January 28, 2017 (8:06 pm)
    Love how bright and pretty this is! I've been wanting to try matcha for the longest time and this looks like the perfect recipe to experiment with!
  • comment-avatar
    Maria January 29, 2017 (11:35 pm)
    This looks so good! You have inspired me to get out the matcha powder I bought a while back and put it to use!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar January 30, 2017 (5:07 pm)
      Hehehhe, I'm glad you felt inspired. Do give it a try, it's absolutely yumm.