Microwave Besan Ladoo (Quick Diwali Sweet Recipe): Hands down the MOST Famous Indian Dessert made every occasion especially festivals.
These Microwave Besan Ladoo are moist, fudgy and tastes absolutely divine.
Learn to quickly dry roast besan in microwave and make this Microwave Besan Ladoo recipe.
They are 100% Glutenfree and can be made vegan too and yields 25 ladoos.
This Microwave Besan Ladoo recipe is kind of emotional for me as this was the reason behind the conception of ‘Easy Cooking with Molly’.
It’s my most requested recipe by friends/family and that’s why I started this blog (a place to share a recipe with everyone).
Microwave Besan Ladoo also known as Indian Chickpea Fudge, was the very first recipe (3yrs back).
Yes, I do have the 3yr old picture below (taken right under the yellow microwave light) ;).
We have made these quick besan ladoo’s countless times and everytime I thought, I would re-click some new pictures for you’ll
(as they seriously don’t look that deep yellow – seriously those were the initial days of taking food pictures).
Now, Besan Ladoo is a very easy recipe and made in almost every Indian household on festive occasions or celebrations.
We need just 4 basic ingredients:
Besan (Chickpea Flour/Gram Flour)
Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
The process is easy with one catch and that is you need to roast the besan/chickpea flour really well (till it looks slightly brown and releases a sweet nutty fragrance).
That is quite a tedious process as it needs to be done over low heat to prevent flour from burning (Think 30-45 minutes just roasting the flour).
So exit cooking over heat and enter microwave :).
And Why Not !!! If it gives me the same taste and reduces the time I spend making the recipe into half, I’m all up for it.
After the Microwave version of Ladoo’s, its become a constant feature at our home and many of our friends place.
They are that easy-peasy that even MoM have started making it (which is HUGE for me as she used to make them overheat spending atleast 1-2 hrs).
You know when Mom starts making your recipe that’s when it’s become foolproof !!!
If you’re Vegan and want to make them, you may use ‘Almond Butter‘ or any vegan ghee replacement (which is not over-powering to taste).
For my Glutenfree friends, it’s a treat as they are 100% glutenfree.
You can make about 25 medium or 15 large ladoo’s and just keep them in the fridge for upto 2 weeks.
Here’s how the flour looks while being roasted for the process and to make a smooth ladoo.
You need to strain the roasted flour to break any clumps that might have formed while roasting it with ghee.
Just strain the roasted flour, add rest of the ingredients and form ladoo’s while the flour is still warm to touch.
It’s a fun activity for kids too as they love making round balls out of it and it always looks extra cute when they make anything for you 🙂
So, this festive season or any reason, try these Microwave Besan Ladoo and surprise your loved ones.
:: You May Also Like ::
DID YOU TRY MY RECIPE – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –> As I Loooove to see you recreate my recipes.
- 2 Cup Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Fine Sugar
- 8 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 6 Almonds - made into flour
- 1 Tbsp Oil – To be used on hands
- In a microwavable bowl, add besan along with 3 tbsp of ghee, mix evenly and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir the besan mixture using a spatula and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- By now, the mixture would have turned slightly brown or deeper in color and a rich aroma of ghee would be coming out of it.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee to this mixture and mix it with hand (it would feel course in texture).
- Now microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ghee, cardamom powder, almond flour and mix evenly.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Now the besan mixture will look deeper in color and courser in texture.
- Cool this mixture till it’s not very hot to touch.
- Add sugar, milk and mix evenly.
- Now while the mixture is still warm, put oil in your hand and form small round balls / ladoo. (This needs to be made when the mixture is warm or else the ladoo's will not form).
- Serve warm or cold as per taste.
Amount Per ServingCalories 98 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 14mg Sodium 6mg Carbohydrates 9g Sugar 5g Protein 2g
Here’s the pic that was taken 3 yrs back of the fresh Ladoo’s made using this recipe 🙂