Indian Mung Bean Salad (Moong Bean Sprout Salad) V+GF: extremely easy, delicious, and packed with nutrients salad using moong/mung beans, onion, peanuts, and seasoning.
Raise your hands, if you are like me and always looking for ways to incorporate more salads into your diet?
This Indian Mung Bean Salad or Moong Sprouts Salad is one of my favorite such goto recipes.
As I have moong beans or sprouted moong beans most of the time in summer at home, this one is my favorite summer salad.
It’s SUPER easy to make, packed with flavors, nutritious, and had a nice crunchy texture. Also, the addition of pomegranate gives it a light sweet flavor.
No complicated or tons of ingredients, just a few stuff and you have the salad ready in 10 minutes.
Makes for a perfect breakfast, lunch, or even anytime snacks.
It can also be served as snacks at home parties and can be made in advance (like a day before).
Indian Mung Bean Salad Ingredients:
As with most salads, the ingredients are super simple and you can add/remove or substitute any of them (except the moong):
- Moong Bean or Mung Beans
- Onion – you can use any that you like.
- Roasted Peanuts – use any flavors you have.
- Pomegranate Arils – peeled at home or storebought.
- Lemon or lime
- Fresh Cilantro + mint – you can use either too
- Seasoning: salt, red chili powder, turmeric, amchur powder (dry mango – optional)
How to Make Moong Bean Salad:
- Just chop the onions and fresh cilantro thinly.
- Add moong / mung beans, onion, pomegranate arils, peanuts, seasoning, and cilantro in a bowl. Mix evenly.
- Add lemon or lime juice and mix everything once again. Give it a quick taste test and add more seasoning if required.
- Serve fresh and enjoy.
With just a handful of ingredients, you can make an extremely delicious and healthy salad.
Storage and Tips:
My number one rule for all salads is storing the main ingredients separately and the seasoning separately.
Never add salt or seasoning and store salads as they leave the water and make them soggy
You can place all the ingredients separately in air-tight containers in the fridge.
You can replace pomegranate with chopped apples, pear, orange, etc.
You can replace peanuts or make it more loaded with any other nuts like cashews, almonds, raisins, pistachio, etc
You can skip red chili powder if need be.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 cup mung / moong bean
- 1 large onion - thinly chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts - any flavor you have
- 1 lime - halved
- 5-6 sprigs fresh cilantro- thinly chopped
- 2 sprigs fesh mint - thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder - optional
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- In a bowl, add moong / mung bean, onions, pomegranate, peanuts, seasoning, cilantro+mint, and mix everything.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and mix everything thoroughly.
- Check for taste (add more seasoning if need be).
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 800mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 17gSugar: 11gProtein: 19g