Brown Butter Apple Cake with Pecans: absolutely delicious and moist cake using fresh apples, pecans, and brown butter (recipe included). It’s perfect with coffee/tea or gatherings. Can be kept in fridge for a week.
Brown Butter Apple Cake:
This is one of the BEST cakes that you could make and eat during Fall or this time of the year.
It’s rich, decadent, moist, and filled with flavors of apple, pecans, and brown butter in every bite.
Infact using ‘brown butter’ in this apple cake recipe makes it even nuttier in flavors.
A lot of people make ‘apple pecan cakes’ with butter/oil but you ‘NEED to TRY’ brown butter in these cakes for a completely amazing texture and taste.
The brown butter, hands down adds a lot of richness to this cake.
Ingredients for the Easy Brown Butter Apple Cake
Butter: to make brown butter in 4 minutes
Apples: I love using green apples as they have that slight tartness that goes perfectly here and they hold shape even after baking. Doesn’t mush up like the red apples.
Pecans: I’m using raw, but you can use roasted and slightly salted ones too.
Baking Soda + Baking Powder: yes you need both for making the cake rise and moist.
Brown Sugar Blend: I’m using a blend of sugar with truvia, but you can use regular sugar or whole brown sugar too.
Spices: Cinnamon Powder & Ginger Powder.
How to Make Brown Butter Apple Cake with Pecans:
As always, we ‘preheat the oven’ first as soon as we start with the process of the cake.
Then the process is divided into 3 parts:
- Mixing the apples+pecans with flour
- 2. Making the Cake Batter
- 3. Transfer the batter to a baking dish/skillet and bake for 40 minutes.
Now, this is a rich cake with fresh fruits, hence we bake them at a medium temperature for a longer period for an even baking.
After 40 minutes, you have a fluffy, evenly baked golden cake.
Then you cool the cake slightly to touch and slice them into the desired size.
Enjoy with coffee/tea or as is.
My Alltime favorite serving suggestion for this cake is with plain vanilla ice cream.
It’s like heaven in every bite!!
You can also serve it with hot chocolate or light tea’s.
It goes amazingly with bourbon/brandy/wine or whiskey.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1/3 cup Melted Brown Butter (homemade or store-bought)
- 1.5 cup AP Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Medium Green Apple, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Chrushed Pecans (for topping)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar Blend **
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon+Ginger Powder (mixed together)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder & baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, brown butter & Brown Sugar Blend until a creamy mixture forms.
- Now, add flour mixture and cinnamon+ginger powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add apples and pecans, and mix everything using a spatula.
- Transfer to baking tin or skillet (9'in).
- Top with crushed pecans on top & bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, cool the cake for a few minutes.
- Serve with tea/coffee and enjoy
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar Blend ** you can use regular brown sugar about 1/2 cup. The blend is a mix of brown sugar with sugar-free.
Green Apples - they work best with cakes as they hold their shape and do not mush after baking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g