Indian Tofu Curry: simple, delicious and 15 minutes curry recipe using tofu, onion, tomato and Indian spices. Vegan, Glutenfree and Perfect for weeknights dinner or anytime meal. Serve with steamed rice/quinoa or roti. Can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
Nothing elevates the soul like comfortfood especially on Monday’s and this Indian Tofu Curry is a sure shot example.A big bowl of this flavorful and luscious curry over a bowl of steamed rice and we are in bliss!!!
What’s even more blissful is its ready in 15 minutes and donot need any special spices or techniques.
Extremely easy to make and loved by one and all.
Ingredients for the Indian Tofu Curry:
- Tofu – I’m using extra firm tofu as it goes very well in curries.
- Tomato – Onion Paste along with ginger and garlic
- Indian Spices: basic Indian spices like turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chili, and garam masala.
The process to Make the Indian Tofu Curry Recipe:
It just cannot get easier than this.
- Make a paste of onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger.
- Saute and cook the paste.
- Add the required spices.
- Add the Tofu and water.
- Cook as per instructions below.
Once the Tofu Curry is ready, simply transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
This Tofu Curry can be served with any choice of sides like :
- Quinoa / Any Other Grain you like
- Bread Rolls.
So, this Monday or anytime during the week/weekend, surprise your loved ones with this delicious curry recipe.
Because of its light ingredients, if need be, this recipe can be made again and again within weeks.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Large Box of Extra Firm Tofu - washed and cubed.
- 1 Large Onion – chopped into thick pieces
- 2 Large Tomato – chopped into thick pieces
- 1/2 Inch Fresh Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Cup water
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil or any light oil
Decoration - Optional:
- 2 Stalks Fresh Coriander Leaves – washed and thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder – homemade or store-bought
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
Make the Tomato-Onion Paste:
- In a blender, add chopped onion, tomato, ginger, and garlic.
- Pulse to form a smooth paste (if need be, add 1-2tbsp water)
- Keep aside.
How to Make Indian Tofu Curry:
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the tomato-onion paste and fry till pink in color (takes a minute on medium heat).
- Reduce heat to low, add all “powdered spices” and sauté evenly to mix everything.
- Let this saute on low flame for 2 minutes or till onions become light brown.
- Now add water and cook for 2 more minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped tofu to the curry and sauté everything very lightly.
- Let this cook on medium heat for 2-3minutes.
- After 3 minutes, the curry would be bubbling and ready.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Indian Tofu Curry to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle sliced cilantro on top and serve hot.
- Serve with a steamed bowl of rice or quinoa (any grain of choice).
- You can also serve this with roti/ naan or paratha.
- Once the Tofu is added to the curry, DONOT stir/saute too much as it will break the tofu easily.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 16g