Pan-Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken: flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth chicken roasted with Indian spices, onion and tomato mix. Perfect for a quick summer family meal or special occasions, too. Serve with Indian Naan/ Bread/ Dinner Rolls or Grain of choice (rice/quinoa,etc).
This post is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) and Land O’Lakes. All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #JuneDairyMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA at EasyHomeMeals.com #JDM2019
Summers are all about spending more time with family whether at home or outside, along with favorite family recipes. One such recipe is this Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken.
It’s loved by our family, friends, even work colleagues. I love to make this because it’s soooo easy and quick (that’s what we look for in summer recipes, Right?!!).
I still remember when I used to take this Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken for an office lunch. I got compliments from each and every person who tasted it, along with recipe requests.
Now, before we go deeper into the process of making this recipe, here’s a personal note.
My Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken is actually a Modern Twist on a Traditional Indian Ghee Roasted Chicken (which was made using heaps of ghee).
We totally looooove the traditional recipe, however, due to its ghee content, we couldn’t make it as often as we wanted to until I tried making the recipe using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil.
It was such an amazing discovery and literally had us licking our fingers until every last drop of the dish was finished.
So, it was made again and again using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, giving us the same delectable flavor every time 🙂
Many, many dinners/lunches/brunches later, here is my Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken recipe that I’m so excited to share with you.
Also, did you know these Facts regarding Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil?
- Made with Simple Ingredients
- Spreadable right out of the refrigerator (THIS makes it my FAV)
- Land O’Lakes is a farmer-owned co-op
I can proudly say that Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil is not only a part of my everyday breakfast but adds so much more flavor to our lunches/dinner and even desserts, too.
Ingredients for the Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken Recipe:
The recipe is simple. Most of these ingredients can be easily found in any home.
Also, it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and simply heated in the microwave for an anytime meal.
The process to make Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken:
Once you have all the ingredients on hand, the recipe is even simpler to make.
- Just melt the Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil in a pan.
- Add Whole Spices, Onions and Ginger + Garlic Paste and Sauté.
- Then add the remaining Spices and Chicken and Cook over low heat till chicken is tender.
- Finally, add the Tomatoes and Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add ½ Cup Water, Stir and let it Simmer.
- Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken is ready to be served
< Step by Step Pictorial of the Indian Spiced Chicken Recipe Process >
(Start by adding Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil to the Pan)
(Add the Whole Spices & Onions)
(Add the Spices & Chicken)
(Add the Tomatoes)
(Indian Spiced Chicken is ready)
Serving the Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken:
Once the chicken is ready, simply transfer to a serving plate.
You may sprinkle some fresh cilantro and lemon juice on top (this enhances the flavors even further).
I usually like adding a side of freshly sliced cucumbers along with fresh homemade Indian roti.
This to us is a perfect family meal that we enjoy all summer long.
I hope you try this Pan Roasted Indian Spiced Chicken soon and surprise your loved ones with its delicious and aromatic flavors.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 3 Tbsp Butter *
- 1 Cup Red Onions - chopped
- 1 teaspoon total Ginger + Garlic Paste
- 1 Whole Chicken - cut into pieces and skin removed
- 2 Medium Tomatoes - chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Green Chile - finely chopped (optional)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3-4 Whole Dry Red Chiles (optional)
- 4-5 Black Peppercorns
- 3-4 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (store-bought or homemade)
- 1½ teaspoons Salt (use as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon Red Chile Powder (use as per taste)
- Fresh Cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large nonstick pan, heat Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil for 30 seconds.
- Add ALL Whole Spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and ginger + garlic paste and sauté for 3-4 minutes over medium heat (till onions turn golden brown).
- Now add ALL Ground Spices and chicken, and roast everything for 1 minute.
- Cover the pan and let this cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes (keep stirring every 2 minutes).
- Once the chicken is tender, add tomatoes and continue cooking for 2 minutes (or till tomatoes are tender).
- Add ½ cup water and sauté everything. Cook covered for 2 minutes (till the water gets absorbed and chicken becomes extremely tender, internal temperature reaches at least 165˚F and juices run clear).
- Now add green chile and give everything a good stir.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve hot with a side of Indian roti/ naan/ bread/ dinner rolls or grains of choice.
Butter* - I'm using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. You can use any kind of butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 1038mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 43g