Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice: 15 minutes quick recipe using sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen), bell pepper (capsicum), onion and cooked leftover rice. It’s a mix of sweet-spicy flavors. Perfect for a family meal, picnics, and even school lunches. It can be eaten hot or cold.
This Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice is one recipe that screams ‘Summers’ to me!From its colors to flavors (sweet-spicy) and the fact that it’s ready in 15 minutes, makes it a perfect choice for hot summer days.
Also, it’s a savior if you have tons of plain leftover rice that you can use in this recipe.
What makes this Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice Unique:
The sweetness + creaminess from the corn along with crispy green bell peppers and a hint of spicy sauce makes it absolutely divine!
Ingredients for the Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice:
We are using the following for the recipe (complete list in the recipe card below):
- Sweet Corn Kernels
- Cooked Leftover Rice – plain rice works great or brown
- Green Bell Peppers
- Ginger + Garlic Paste
- Chili Sauce
- Soy Sauce + Vinegar
Process of Making Sweet Corn Fried Rice Recipe:
Once you have the ingredients, the recipe comes together in 15 minutes.
Simply chop onions and bell pepper into thin pieces (similar to the kernel size).
Although the dish is called ‘Fried Rice’, we usually stir-fry everything quickly on medium-high flame.
Given below are the process steps:
Tips for Making the Perfect Sweet Corn Fried Rice:
Rice: Always use ‘Short Grain Rice’ for fried rice as they donot break while cooking and cooks quickly too.
Sweet Corn Kernels: Fresh kernels are always better but you can use frozen sweet corn kernels too. Just squeeze extra water after thawing the kernels. This gives the corn a nice bite.
Vegetables: whatever vegetables you use in fried rice, always chop them into similar or small size. This evenly cooks the veggies and also helps cook them faster.
Wok: Always use a slightly bigger wok when making fried rice as it gives them more room to fluff up.
Whenever I make this Sweet Corn Fried Rice recipe, I always keep some for later use. Most of my family members love eating it fresh or hot.
But I love it cold for a next day office lunch, no hassles and no heating required.
I usually serve this with Chili Sauce like Sriracha or Schezwan Sauce, however, it can be eaten as prepared with no pairing.
Enjoy the Quick Sweet Corn Fried Rice with your loved ones and make it a part of your backyard parties or picnics.
Also, do let me know what are some of your favorite corn recipes as I’m coming up with lots of them soon.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Cups Cooked Leftover Rice - *check notes
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn - use fresh or frozen
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) - chopped
- 2 Large Onion - chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger+Garlic Paste - combined
- 2 Tbsp Chili Sauce - optional
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder - use as per taste
- 1 Sprig Cilantro Leaves - for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil - can use any light oil
Prep Work If Using Frozen Corn: Thaw the corn and remove any excess water by pressing the corn between both hands or using a sieve.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or wok for 1/2 a minute.
- Add 3 tbsp sesame oil, chopped onion and ginger+garlic paste.
- Saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Add sweet corn kernels and saute for another minute over medium heat.
- Now add chopped green bell pepper (capsicum) and saute for 1/2 minute.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, chili powder and vinegar.
- Saute everything for 1/2 minute.
- Now add cooked rice and saute everything over medium flame (till everything is evenly mixed).
- Now turn the heat to high and saute for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold
Cooked Leftover Rice: I prefer using short grain white rice for Fried Rice recipes as they cook faster, stay crispier and don't break while stir-frying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 163gFiber: 12gSugar: 28gProtein: 21g