Slow-Cooker Curried Lentil Quinoa Chili: rustic, comforting and extremely delicious chili made using mixed lentils, quinoa, veggies, curry, and spices. It’s a perfectly healthy meal for the whole family and makes a great #mealplan menu too. It’s Vegan + Glutenfree.
Nothing like a big batch of warm comforting ‘ Slow Cooker Curried Lentil Quinoa Chili ‘ on a cold rainy day.We had a fabulous game-day party this weekend and after all the endless party food+drinks, we were craving something warm and extremely healthy.
And, although it was sunny most of the weekend, it was definitely cold and breezy, so the ‘Chili’ was the ideal food choice.
Also, as the party was at our place, I was in no mood to cook anything elaborate but this ‘Dump ingredients and auto-cook’ kinda meal.
Seriously, this Slow Cooker Curried Lentil Quinoa Chili was the ideal choice as:
- You Need ZERO Manual Cooking. (Yaaaaaaaaaass!!!!)
- You can get around with doing other stuff while the slow cooker gets the meal ready.
- NOTHING & I Mean NOTHING Brings out the Creaminess in Lentil as Slow Cooker.
You can try stirring a lentil mix/chili over the stovetop or even instant-pot, BUT nothing compares to the ‘Slow-Cooked’ version.
Also, the addition of coconut milk and curry powder takes it to a whole New Deliciousness!
Also, the addition of ‘Curry Powder, Turmeric, Pinch of Nutmeg’ adds a warming flavor to the chili, which further heals/protects our body from cold/flu.
So, this is definitely cooked once, if any of us are under the weather during winter days.
As delicious as this recipe is, it’s also extremely customizable depending on your pantry ingredients.
I usually make a big batch and simply keep it in 2-3 separate boxes in the fridge and that way I can enjoy it as my next day lunch or even a takeaway.
I love taking a chili to trail/beach as it gives you that extra energy to run around and nothing like a warm homecooked meal by the beach.
I have added “Quinoa and Mixed Lentils“, however, you can simply add just the brown lentil beans and even rice with it.
So, go ahead and try this Slow Cooker Lentil Chili and enjoy with your loved ones.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Cup Brown Lentil - sabut masoor
- 1/4 Cup Split Chickpeas - chana dal
- 1/4 Cup Red Lentil - masoor dhuli
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa - i’m using mixed variety, but you can use any kind of quinoa (check notes)
- 1 Medium Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Can Canned Tomatoes - you can use fresh tomatoes too (check notes)
- 1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas+Carrot Mix
- 2 Cups Vegetarian Broth - I’m using low sodium
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk - can use almond/cashew milk too
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil - you can also use coconut oil or any other light oil
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 3-4 Cloves
- Pinch of Nutmeg - for adding warmth
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder - optional
- 1 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili - use as per taste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 2-3 Sprigs Cilantro - washed and chopped
- 1 Lime - quartered
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts - optional
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes - optional
- 10 Glutenfree Tortilla Chips - optional
Add all the chili ingredients along with spices into a slow cooker and stir everything.
Cover the slow cooker and set to high.
Cook for 4-5 hours (just check in-between if it needs extra water).
After 4-5 hrs, turn off the slow cooker.
Stir the Curried Lentil Quinoa Chili evenly.
Add 2 ladle in each bowl and add the desired toppings.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 778mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 9gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g