Want More Deliciousness!
Then Subscribe to our FREE WEEKLY Newsletter for Recipes, Tricks & Much More...
Shrimp and Potato Croquettes (Bengali Style Shrimp Cutlet): Absolutely ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ croquettes/cutlets recipe that’s filled with a delicious mix of potatoes with shrimp.
It’s crispy on the outside and tastes even more delectable with a hot cup of tea.
Hey Everyone, I’m back with another gameday recipe and this time, it’s Shrimp and Potato Croquettes (Bengali Style Shrimp Cutlet) that pairs perfectly with a high adrenaline game of cricket.Did you watch the ICC Champions Trophy Match between Ind vs Pak on June 04th?
We had a fabulous get-together with our die-hard cricket friends and my ‘Stuffed Samosa Curry Buns’ along with hot piping Taj Mahal tea were an instant HIT !!!.
I literally made 3 batches (each batch makes 16 buns) and not even crumbs were left….infact note to self for the next game (I should make and freeze some extra).
So for the next match which is at our friend’s house, I’ve decided to make my hubby’s favorite Shrimp and Potato Croquettes (Bengali Style Shrimp Cutlet).
His family is from Kolkata, India and they are very particular about their food (especially seafood & tea) and most importantly ‘Cricket’ !
Every ball, wicket, and shot is seriously discussed and I’d never seen as much passion and dedication over a game of cricket ….. Gosh, I’m so impressed and most definitely in awe!!!
Hence, I thought what better way to relive those moments and make one of his favorite snack to share the same emotions and deliciousness with our friends this time.
So, let’s discuss our croquettes, which is a mix of potatoes, shrimp, spices, that’s cooked together and then rolled in a batter and then shallow fried (less oil).
The traditional recipe has lot many spices, chilies and usually fried in heaps of oil.
However, I’m trying to keep them lighter (as I know they’ll be noshing on more than 2-3), hence, I’m not only shallow frying them but also baking some of them for our friends who don’t eat much fried food.
Now, if you’ve never baked croquettes before, then just follow these quick steps and you’ll have a hot, piping batch ready in no time:|
1. Preheat the oven at 375
2. Place the croquette balls in a lined baking tray.
3. Spray each ball with cooking oil or brush them generously.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes (turn them in-between and keep an eye).
(The ones above are baked). Also, this recipe of Shrimp and Potato Croquettes (Bengali Style Shrimp Cutlet) can be made in advance and can also be frozen for about a month.
1. Prepare the croquette balls.
2. If using a container, then line the bottom with a parchment paper or foil and place the balls over it (giving some space). The box can only have a single layer.
3. If using a ziplock bag, then just freeze the balls separately on a plate and then transfer the frozen balls into a ziplock.
4. Always ‘Date’ the frozen food so that you consume them within that particular time period.
If you saw my previous post, I did mention that these facts on ‘Taj Mahal’ tea which is India’s first premium tea brand –
“fostering excellence to savor the best & exquisite flavor of the best tea leaves from the choicest gardens of Upper Assam”.
And go ahead and make these delicious Shrimp and Potato Croquettes (Bengali Style Shrimp Cutlet).
Enjoy them with the upcoming game of cricket with a hot piping ‘ Taj Mahal ’ tea and don’t forget to say “Wah Taj”!
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly:
:: You May Also Like ::
(This is post is sponsored by Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea. All opinion expressed here are mine)
What’s more, if you’re around any of the following stores, you must go to pick up the ingredients for this recipe over the weekend!
There are going to be fun activations and you’ll have a chance to get free boxes of ‘Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea’ as well !:
1.Cermak Produce – Naperville – Chicago – 11 June & 17 June
2. Tulsi Grocers- Schaumburg – Chicago – 10 June & 18 June
3.India Bazaar (West Plano) – Dallas – 11 June & 17 June
4. Patel Brothers (Valley Ranch) , Tx 75063 – Dallas – 10, 11 June & 18 June
5. INDIA CASH & CARRY (SF) -> 16 June
6. New India Bazaar – SF – 11 June
7. INDIA CASH & CARRY – SF – 18 June
8. TRINETHRA – SF – 10 June & 17 June
9. Patel Brothers – NJ – 10 June & 17 June
10. Subzi Mandi – NJ – 11 June and 18 June
Here are the sweepstake details:
1 Simple question, updated everyday, you can answer
Grand Prize – Trip for 2 to Hawaii and 12 boxes of Taj Mahal Tea
Weekly Prize – Tea Brewing Pot worth $220 and 6 boxes of Taj Mahal Tea
Complementary Willow & Gaana+ subscriptions for all participants
→ Participate Now ←