Stovetop Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola (Glutenfree-Vegan) : 10 Minutes granola recipe using puffed rice, coconut, chocolate chip and few other ingredients. Absolutely delicious and serves as a great breakfast option or snack.
Whoever have tasted this Stovetop Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola (Glutenfree-Vegan) can’t stop raving about the crunchy-delicious taste and I literally HAVE to share this recipe with you’ll.Hey Everyone, hope you’ll are doing fabulous and I know I’ve been MIA for the whole last week and that was due to a last minute vacation plan.
We were out for a small vacay to London and Scotland and trust me, more than the scenic, meet up with friends part, the vacation turned out to be a complete foodalogue.
And in all the food adventure we had, there were two of our favorite ‘The Portobello Market’ in London and the ‘Whiskey Tasting Experience’ in Scotland.
Trust me, I have tons of photos and must do list for you but all that will be shared in coming posts as this is all about the granola.
Now, before we get started with the recipe, let’s talk a little about ‘granola’ and if you’re trying them for the first time, then you’re definitely in for a treat.
They are basically a mixture of nuts, grains (oats/rice or any other of choice), sugar/sweetening agents (honey/agave/maple syrup/etc).
Toppings (sweet/savory) that are mixed, baked/sauteed over stovetop, cooled and then stored for a month or so.
This Stovetop Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola makes an excellent breakfast food and definitely great snack….I would say great ‘to-go’ snacks in your bag while you’re out.
Growing up, our usual breakfast at home was cornflakes with milk, toast, eggs and that’s about it as granola was not introduced in Indian market till late 2000’s.
My first introduction to them was when I came to USA many years back and I loved it….more with yogurt than milk.
Hence, began my love for granola and then I eventually started making my own too with my favorite toppings.
Now, coming back to our Stovetop Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola, it is soooo easy to make it and the best part, it’s made in 10 minutes on the stovetop with very less cleanup….aint that a dream recipe 😉
I love the combination of chocolate with coconut and thought why not start your day with it?
So, this recipe was born and I’ve added a few extra toppings like almonds, roasted quinoa powder, chia seeds, some turmeric but it’s totally upto you.
Add whatever toppings you like and you can even skip chocolate chips and add a grated chocolate bar or even syrup.
That’s what the beauty of granola is, you can customize it completely.
If you’re wondering about the crispiness of this granola, then you need not worry, as once cooled, it becomes totally crunchy and you can easily store it in an air-tight jar at a cool dry place.
So, go ahead and make this Stovetop Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola as it doesn’t get easier than this and have it with your favorite yogurt or milk.
You can further top it with some extra layers and nosh away to glory. I also pack them in my snack zip-lock bag and keep it in my bag for munching on the go.
PS: They make a fun and healthy movie night snack too
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like :
- 2 Cups Puffed Rice - you may use rice crispy too
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut - you may use flakes too
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil - you may use any light odorless oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup - you may use agave, sugar or honey too
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Almond Butter - optional
- 1/8 Cup Almonds - optional
- 3 Tbsp Toasted Quinoa Powder - optional
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder - optional
- In a bowl, mix chocolate chips, shredded coconut and other optional dry toppings.
- Heat a large skillet and add coconut oil.
- Stir for 10 seconds or till it melts and then add almond butter.
- Saute till the butter melts and add maple syrup.
- Stir everything together for a minute.
- Add puffed rice and saute to coat the mixture evenly.
- Keep the heat at low and saute/stir to coat and cook the puff rice for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the coated puffed rice to a big bowl.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes and then all the toppings we kept aside earlier.
- Mix evenly and let the granola rest for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container for storage.
- Add on your favorite yogurt or milk as topping and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g