Loaded Sweet Potato – Bacon Pops – Appetizer: A mouth-watering ‘Must Have’ appetizer/snack that has an ooye-gooey center with just the right kick of spice. It’s filled with sweet-potato, cheese, bacon, and your favorite veggies and serve as an Awesome Appetizer.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScoreOnFlavor #CollectiveBias
The Football Season is in full swing and we have the ‘Big Game’ in just few weeks.
Many of you must have already started your game-day party planning along with snack…
I mean party without discussing snacks/food is like next to impossible and especially this one is all about ‘Finger-Food/Quick Bites‘ that are packed with flavors and taste.
We also, have a party coming up and I’d been thinking of tons of snack, but the Number One Snack that always comes to mind is ‘ Loaded Sweet Potato – Bacon Pops – Appetizer ‘.
It has everything that you like, it’s cheesy enough along with being filling and best of it, its’s a finger-food – so not much needed to serve it.
But the only thing is, this time, I wanted to make it slightly different and that’s when I got my eye’s on ‘El Yucateco Hot Sauce’ (made from green habanero chili).
If you’re one of those people who are always looking for a sauce that give’s you an extra kick – this is your answer – It’s Hot!
And guess what – I’m not serving it as a side but it’s going in the actual recipe – to give that ‘WoW Factor.
Trust me, these ‘Loaded Sweet Potato – Bacon Pops – Appetizer‘ are actually loaded with a sweet-hot combination that will leave you wanting more.
I found it in ‘Mi Pueblo‘ (grocery store providing authentic Latino shopping) in the Sauce/Bean Isle and it’s available in many different flavors.
Also, any such spicy-cheesy appetizer is incomplete without an iced cold Coca-Cola (light hearted and happy). So here we are:
The best part about this recipe is that the dough can be made in advance and just fry them on the day of the party.
You can add more or less of any of these ingredients as per your taste and it tastes great hot or cold.
Always nice to pair a favorite meal with an iced cold Coca-Cola
Here’s a combination offer:
“Visit Mi Pueblo and take advantage of this special offer:
Buy (2) Coca-Cola 1.25 Liter products + (2) El Yucateco Hot Sauce products and get $2.00 off your deli/meat order“
Make them for your game-day party or just about any party and enjoy with friends and family.Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
- 2 Tbsp El Yucateco Hot Sauce - you can add more as per choice
- 1 Large Sweet Potato - boiled n grated
- 1 Medium Zucchini - grated
- 1 Carrot - grated
- Few Sprigs of Cilantro
- 4 Strips Bacon - I'm using turkey
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs - homemade or store bought
- 1/4 Cup Cheese - grated (use any variety you like)
- 5 Tbsp Flour
- Oil for Frying
- 1 Tbsp Cooked Bacon - chopped
- 1Tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- Heat a medium non-stick pan and cook the bacon.
- Chop them into tiny pieces and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add potato, zucchini, carrot, bread crumbs, bacon, cheese, hot sauce, seasoning and mash everything together to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls ( I made 20)
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Roll each ball into flour, pat clean and place into fry-pan.
- Follow the same process, place about 4 balls in the pan at a time and fry till golden brown.
- Place on kitchen towel (to soak any excess oil) and then transfer to serving bowl.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of cheese, cilantro and bacon - Serve Hot or Cold.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g