Masala Peanuts (Indian Nutcracker Peanuts): lightly fried, crispy peanuts in a mix of chickpea flour and spicy tangy flavors.
It’s one snack that’s hard to keep your hands off.
Who’s in the mood for a crispy Masala Peanuts snack !!!
If you’re also in the same scenario and reading this, then you’re in luck my dear friend cause today I’m sharing with you’ll the recipe of Masala Peanuts (Indian Nutcracker).
They are an all time fav snack in most of the Indian homes and is ready for almost 10 minutes!
All you need to make these oh so very addicting Masala Peanuts is a mix of chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, and spices.
Just, lightly toss everything together, sprinkle some water and lightly fry.
Once the peanuts are completely cooled, they can be stored in an air-tight jar for a month.
I usually eat them right out of the box but sometimes it’s served with thinly chopped onions, green chilies and a dash of lemon for an extra kick.
Infact they make a great pair when served with a hot beverage or along with lemony drinks.
So, go ahead and try these Masala Peanuts soon and enjoy with your loved ones.
You can serve them with any choice of beverage or as a side for gameday parties or get-togethers.
You May Like:
Cardamom Mint Lemonade
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- 2 Cups Raw Peanuts
- 4 Tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Canola Oil - You can use any light oil for frying
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- Dry Mango Powder or Chat Masala - Optional
- 1/2 Medium Onions - thinly sliced
- 1 Whole Green Chili - thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon - Cubed
- In a nonstick pan, dry roast the peanuts over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix roasted peanuts, flours and all the spices.
- Sprinkle water and mix evenly so that the flour and spices stick to the peanuts(We don't want to form a paste, just coarsely mix).
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok on high for 2 minutes or till you see fumes coming out and then reduce the heat to lowest.
- Drop a handful of the peanut mix and stir lightly once so that the peanuts separate from each other and begin to cook.
- Keep frying the peanuts at low heat till they become slightly golden brown (Takes 2 mins/batch).
- Transfer the fried peanuts onto a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Cool completely.
- You can serve them as it is or with chopped onions, chilies and lemon juice.
- Store rest of the peanuts in air tight containers.
- This can be served Hot OR Cold as per choice.
Serving Size 10
Amount Per ServingCalories 500 Total Fat 83g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 69g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 280mg Carbohydrates 24g Fiber 7g Sugar 6g Protein 24g