Air Fryer Masala Peanuts – Spicy Peanuts (Fried+Baked Version too) extremely popular Indian snack using chickpea flour & spices. Must for Indian parties, cocktails or teatime. Glutenfree+ vegan #indiansnack
Masala Peanuts is literally one of the MOST Popular Indian snack recipes! Be it a tea-coffee break, drinks party, weddings or just friends hanging in together, this snack is always in demand.
So, here’s my Air Fryer Masala Peanuts – Spicy Peanuts recipe to make it even more often and in an easier/quick way. I’m also detailing the Fried + Baked Peanuts version too.
If you are a constant visitor or reader of my blog, you know our love for snacks and I’m constantly looking at ways to make them even more healthier and quick.
So this Air Fryer Masala Peanuts – Spicy Peanuts Air Fryer version is literally on repeat all Festive Season-long or I should say winter long.
What are Air Fryer Masala Peanuts & Ingredients:
They are peanuts mixed in chickpea flour, spice batter and then air-fried to a crispy coated consistency. The ingredients are:
- Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- Rice Flour (Chawal ka Atta) this is optional and is added for extra crunchiness.
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chili Powder
- Garam Masala
- Mango Powder (this gives it a tangy flavor) can be skipped)
- Oil for Air frying or frying (depending on the version you choose)
Process to Make Air Fryer Masala Peanuts – Spicy Peanuts
Once the ingredients are there, you only need 10 minutes to make this recipe.
- We start by mixing peanuts, flour, and spices in a bowl.
- Then sprinkle some water + oil and mix everything till peanuts are nicely coated with the mix (as shown below).
- Then we Air Fry, Fry or Bake the Masala Peanuts as per our choice of cooking version.
- That’s it, once cooked, just let cool for few minutes and serve fresh.
Once the peanuts are completely cooled, they can be stored in an air-tight jar for a month.
I usually eat them right out of the box but sometimes it’s served with thinly chopped onions, green chilies and a dash of lemon for an extra kick.
Infact they make a great pair when served with a hot beverage or along with lemony drinks.
So, go ahead and try these Air Fryer Masala Peanuts – Spicy Peanuts (Fried+Baked Version too) soon and enjoy with your loved ones.
You can serve them with any choice of beverage or as a side for gameday parties or get-togethers.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
You May Like:
- 2 Cups Raw Peanuts
- 6 Tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour - optional
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Oil - if frying the peanuts
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Dry Mango Powder or Chat Masala - Optional
- 1/2 Medium Onions - thinly sliced
- 1 Whole Green Chili - thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon - Cubed
Making the Peanut Masala Batter:
- In a large bowl, add peanuts, flour and all the spices.
- Add 2 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp oil and mix evenly so that the flour and spices stick to the peanuts (We don't want to form a paste, just coarsely mix).
- Once the peanuts are nicely coated, keep this batter seperately.
Air Fryer Peanuts Masala:
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 180c for 3 minutes.
- Add 2-3 ladle batter mixed peanuts in the air fryer basket and spray some cooking oil.
- Air fry for 3 minutes and then remove the basket.
- Stir the peanuts using a wooden spoon and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, the peanuts masala is ready.
- Remove the air fryer basket and let the peanuts cool (they will crisp up once cool).
- Serve fresh or use serving suggestions below.
Baked Peanuts Masala:
- Preheat the oven at 180c for 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray oil on a baking tray or place parchment paper or foil.
- Place 2-3 ladle peanuts and spread using a fork.
- Lightly spray more oil on the peanuts and bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tray, turn the peanuts and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the tray and cool the peanuts to touch.
- Serve fresh or as below.
Fried Peanuts Masala:
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok on high for 2 minutes or till you see fumes coming out and then reduce the heat to lowest.
- Drop a handful of the peanut mix and stir lightly once so that the peanuts separate from each other and begin to cook.
- Keep frying the peanuts at low heat till they become slightly golden brown (Takes 2 mins/batch).
- Transfer the fried peanuts onto a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Cool completely and serve.
- You can serve them as it is or with chopped onions, chilies and lemon juice.
- Store the rest of the peanuts in airtight containers.
- This can be served Hot OR Cold as per choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 83gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 69gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 24g