Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice: a hearty, delicious and flavorful recipe that’s a mix of fresh vegetables with tofu, rice and simple Thai spices (easily available in stores).
Makes for a perfect lunch/dinner or work lunch too.
Hey Y’all, hope you had a fun, fabulous and a foodie Christmas !!!
After all the cookies, pies, drinks, meat dishes last night and just before our foodie New Year’s party, I quickly wanted to squeeze in a Hearty yet delicious meal and this Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice is a PERFECT choice!!
I say that with so much conviction as I know the next few days we are still going to eat leftover Christmas delights but at the same time, I want my family to get their veggies fix too.
I do have our regular POST Foodie Event ‘Mean Green Juice‘ but to be honest, it’s not going to fill their hungry tummy/souls 😉
So, my favorite solution to any hunger pangs that needs to include healthy ingredients is a light stir fry and this Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice fits the bill.
As easy as it sounds, it’s equally easy to make and extremely flavorful.
I would say it’s a great change from all the Festive sugary food we have been having past few days.
You just need some basic ingredients and most can be found in our kitchen easily:
Tofu – I’m using extra firm tofu
Mixed Fresh Vegetables – think carrots, broccoli, peas, zucchini, etc
Rice – Jasmine rice works the BEST or you can use any rice/grain of choice
Thai Spices – I’m using a store-bought Thai paste (easily available in Walmart too)
Light Soy Sauce – you may use Tamari too
*** Since I wanted to keep it LIGHT & VEGETARIAN ***
I’m NOT using Fish Sauce or Oyster Sauce (as used in traditional Thai recipes).
QUICK TIP (Important)
Always use cooked cold rice for any Stir-Fry as it helps keeps the rice texture and breaks less.
Once the ingredients are ready, you simply start by stir-frying the vegetables first.
Then follow the rest of the instructions below to achieve a Restaurant Style – Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice.
This makes for a perfect lunch/dinner or meal prep recipe too and you can keep them in the fridge for utpo 3 days.
Remember to add some fresh chopped scallions and sesame seeds on top for that extra flavors 🙂
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu - chopped into bite size
- 3 Cups Jasmine Rice - cooked and cold
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Carrot - chopped into bite size
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas - thawed
- 1 Medium Zucchini - chopped into bite size
- 1 Cup Broccoli - chopped into bite size
- 1/4 Cup Bell Peppers - chopped into bite size
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts - optional
- 1 Egg - optional
- 2 Tbsp Thai Paste - store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seed
- 1 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chopped Scallions
- Sesame Seed
- Heat a large pan and add 2tbsp sesame oil.
- Add tofu, paprika and stir fry for two minutes or till lightly cooked.
- Transfer the cooked tofu to a bowl and keep aside.
- Add carrots, peas, broccoli and stir fry for a minute on medium high.
- Add zucchini, peppers and stir fry.
- Now add the sauce ingredients and saute everything together (medium heat).
- Finally add cooked tofu, rice and stir fry everything together.
- ** (If using an egg)**
- Make some space in the pan and add the egg.
- Scramble and cook the egg for a minute.
- Now stir-fry everything to mix egg with veggies, rice and tofu.
- Give it a last stir and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with chopped scallion and sesame seed
- Serve Hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 548 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 983mg Carbohydrates 94g Sugar 3g Protein 12g