Saffron – Rose Chai Tea Recipe: healing and deliciously aromatic tea that’s a mix of soothing spices, rose and saffron.
This Saffron – Rose Chai Tea Recipe is my perfect recipe to start your Valentine’s Day.
First of all, who wouldn’t love to wake up to a tea like this and if you plan to surprise that someone in bed with this one, it’s surely going to make your day!
It’s a mildly fragrant and soothing tea with just the right notes/mix of spices that absolutely refreshes you in every sip.
Growing up in India, I’ve seen that ‘Tea’ is one such magical word which brings a smile to everyone’s face and people are ready to drink it anytime of the day.
Now, this particular version of tea with spices is most commonly known as ‘Masala Chai’ in India.
Now once your masala tea/tea-mix is ready, you can add a number of flavors to it and that’s exactly what I do.
My ‘Chai Tea Mix’ or ‘Masala Chai’ ingredient remains the same and I just keep adding or removing different flavors/spices.
Since I looooove this mild-fragrant tea, I’ve made a huge batch of this Saffron – Rose Chai Tea mix and kept in an air-tight jar in my kitchen cabinet.
The tea mix is absolutely customizable, if you don’t like a particular spice, you can definitely remove it from the list or add a little bit more of a particular spice you like.
Sometimes, I even add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top too.
I highly recommend you try this Saffron – Rose Chai Tea Recipe as most of the people that I’ve made this for, absolutely fell in love with the spiced-sweet flavors of the tea.
The tea is definitely delicious but at the same time it’s absolutely healthy and kind of detoxifying.
All the mix of spices helps heal the body and calm the nerves. So you can definitely have that extra cup when tired.
So why not start your day with this relaxing tea that not only tastes delicious but heals our mind, body and soul.
Share it with your loved ones this Valentines Day or On your Special Occasion.
:: You Can Also Try These Recipes ::
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
Chai-Tea Mix Ingredient: (Can be mixed and stored for months)
- 1 Cup Loose Black Tea* - see notes below
- 1 Tsp Crushed Saffron
- 7-8 Dried Rose Petals - store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Cloves Powder
- Dash of Pepper Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk - use milk as per choice (vegan/non-vegan)
- Sugar or Sweetener - as per choice
- 2 Crushed Dried Rose Petals
- Few Strands of Crushed Saffron
- Take a large bowl and add all the 'Chai-Tea' ingredients.
- Use a whisk/fork to mix it evenly.
Make the Tea:
- Add 2 cups water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chai-tea mix and boil for 3-4 minutes over low flames.
- Add milk, sugar and let it boil for another minute.
- Strain the tea into cups.
- Sprinkle some crushed saffron and rose petals on top.
- Serve immediately.
* I'm taking a mild tea as the flavors are very light and soothing and would not go well with dark or strong tea.
Amount Per ServingCalories 2187 Total Fat 80g Saturated Fat 48g Cholesterol 336mg Sodium 4190mg Carbohydrates 280g Sugar 17g Protein 79g