Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe: learn how to make this easy, delicious and vegan moon milk recipe using ashwagandha (herb powder), turmeric, milk (vegan) and cinnamon. It’s a great night drink and helps in cough-cold relief too.
Every season change there’s one fixed drink that’s almost compulsory at my home and that’s this Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe!
Growing up in India, we always have a warm drink for any kind of seasonal remedies for cold, cough, fever or other such issues.
So, we have literally grown up with a nightly ‘Garam Doodh’ (Indian name for Moon Milk) of some kind.
But this one is my fav and it gets bonus points to look this gorgeous as we all agree that we eat/drink with our eyes first 🙂
Before we go further into whys and whats of this recipe, let’s first figure out:
What is Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe?
Moon Milk is an extremely old ayurvedic Hot Milk Drink that many Indians have before going off to sleep, hence the name ‘Moon Milk‘.
- One of the very powerful and potent herbs of Ayurveda and is classified as an ‘Adaptogen/anti-stress agent’.
- Apart from that it also lowers anxiety, improves memory, anti-inflammatory, and an aphrodisiac too.
- Also, one of the important herbs from Ayurveda, it’s known for it’s anti-stress and healing properties
Hence, both these ingredients when mixed with milk makes for a potent stress-relief and calming drink.
Ingredients for Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe:
- Ashwagandha Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Milk – I’m using almond milk, but you can use any kind of plain milk.
- Cinnamon Stick
- Sweetener – I’m using maple syrup but you can use honey, sugar or any kind of sweetener.
How to Make Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe
- This recipe is extremely easy and doesn’t need any special utensils or equipment.
- You simply heat the milk.
- Add ALL the ingredients and whisk.
- Let this simmer for a few minutes (this is most important step).
- Then let it boil once.
- Transfer to cups and enjoy warm
The recipe is seriously this simple but it’s filled with extreme health benefits and has been a popular Indian drink since Ayurvedic days.
When to Drink Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk:
As the name suggests, it is best to drink this at night, before going off to bed.
I also drink it when I’m back from a long travel or International travel, as this helps me unwind.
I also drink it when I’m suffering from the seasonal cough-cold. It not only helps me sleep through the night during bad cold but the turmeric helps release cough.
So go ahead and enjoy this drink warm or hot but keep in mind that you DONOT mix too much of both the herbs.
It will make the milk taste bitter, hence start with this recipe measurement first and then in case you need to add a little more, do so.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Tbsp Ashwagandha Powder, use any brand you have
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder, use any brand you have
- 2 Cups Milk, I'm using almond milk but any plain milk is fine
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tbsp Sweetener, I'm using maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Edible Rose Petals, this is optional
Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk Recipe
- Pour 2 cups milk in a large non-stick pan.
- Place the non-stick pan over the stove and heat for a minute.
- In a small cup, add ashwagandha powder, turmeric powder, and 2 tbsp water. Whisk to form a paste.
- Now add this paste to the heating milk.
- Add cinnamon stalk and sweetener of choice.
- Whisk everything together.
- Let this simmer on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high and after the first boil, turn off the heat.
- Whisk once again.
- Transfer the Ashwagandha Turmeric Moon Milk to 2 cups.
- Decorate with rose petals on top.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 139 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Protein: 27g