Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)

Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies): These delicious gingerbread truffles are ready in 15 minutes and make a perfect festive gift for your loved ones. They are also an awesome way to use all the leftover gingerbread /gingerbread snap cookies. leftover-gingerbread-cookie-truffles-recipeHello Everyone, I hope you had a great Christmas with friends and family. I know many of you would have already started saying no to food after all the delicious Christmas feasts but hang tight as we still have the New Year feast approaching us 😉 Now, if you’re thinking of what to do with those tons of gingerbread / gingersnap cookies that you just cannot gulp anymore, then here’s a quick solution – ‘Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)easy-gingerbread-cookie-truffles-recipe1I made them last week as I suddenly became a proud owner of almost 2 pounds of gingerbread cookies courtesy my dear friends …. who decided to gift me not 1, not 2 but 3 gingerbread house made with various cookies+add-ons. We did have fun devouring the first gingerbread house but then onwards it was just tooooooo much for us and can you believe all that sugar rush along with a couple of drinks (you do drink rum with gingerbread – right?). Just, to stop ourself from eating any more of it, I literally foil wrapped the whole gingerbread house and completely hid it out of sight but it wasn’t out of mind plus I hate throwing up food or any gifts given to me, hence these ‘Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)’ happened.15-mins-leftover-gingerbread-cookie-trufflesThere couldn’t be an easier recipe than this (except milkshakes) but I wanted to create something different and guess who got them as gift …… hehhehehhe….the same friends who gave the gingerbread house to me, BUT they couldn’t believe it was made from the house. It seriously looked that gorgeous and tasted fabulous. Infact, the cocoa one was the first to disappear. And, off-course I had to share the recipe as I know many of you along with my friends and family were in similar shoes – left with too many gingerbread cookies. gingerbread-cookie-truffle-recipe1This is such a fun recipe that you can even make them with your kids (absolutely no-cooking involved). Just powder the gingerbread cookies or snaps using a food processor or any blender that you have and mix the rest of the ingredients with that powder and room temperature cream cheese. The ONLY THING you need to remember is to use room temperature cream cheese as you don’t want to melt that cheese in a microwave. Rest of the steps are pretty easy and the most fun part is rolling them in cocoa or powdered sugar (I made 2 different variety). Here’s a quick recap on how we made them:leftover-gingerbread-cookie-truffles-processI know a lot of you tried my recent Christmas appetizer and drinks menu (here) as I did receive your lovely comments, so I hope you try this absolutely delicious and easy ‘Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)’ and surprise your loved ones.

Yields 15 Truffles

Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)

5 minPrep Time

10 minCook Time

15 minTotal Time

Save RecipeSave Recipe
Recipe Image

Ingredients

1 Cup Gingerbread Cookie - check notes for options

1/2 Package Cream Cheese - room temperature

1Tsp Vanilla Essence - you can use any nut essence too (like almonds, walnut, etc)

1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder

1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar

Instructions

1. Place all the gingerbread cookies in a food processor/hand blender and pulse to form fine powder.
  2. In a large bowl, add room temperature cream cheese, powdered gingerbread cookies, vanilla essence and form a smooth dough.
  3. Keep the dough in fridge for 10 minutes to help them set.
  4. Remove from fridge and divide in equal balls. (Make smooth circular balls).
  5. Place the balls in fridge for another 10-15 minutes.
  6. Finally remove the balls from fridge.
  7. Take one ball and roll it gently in the cocoa powder (you can roll 2-3 times for even coating).
  8. Place the gingerbread truffles in a small plate.
  9. Similarly, roll another ball in powdered sugar and keep in a separate plate.
  10. Roll all the balls (separately) in chocolate and powder sugar coating.
  11. Place the truffle in fridge or Serve fresh.
Cuisine: American | Recipe Type: Dessert

Notes

Cookie Options: You can use any gingerbread cookie (spiced or even creamed). You can use GingerSnap cookies too. You can use Digestive Biscuits + Graham Cracker.

7.6.3
182

gingerbread-cookie-truffles-with-leftover-cookiesConnect with Me Here:  Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter /

Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies) : #gingerbread #cookies #truffle #chocolate

19 Replies to "Gingerbread Cookie Truffles (with leftover cookies)"

• comment-avatar
    Ashlee December 27, 2016 (7:14 pm)
    Super cute idea!! Thanks for sharing xx Ashlee www.theivoryfawn.com
  • comment-avatar
    Rebecca Bryant December 27, 2016 (7:37 pm)
    Oh my these look delicious. I lov me some Gingerbread at the holidays and making truffles is so sophisticated.
  • comment-avatar
    Sheri December 27, 2016 (7:40 pm)
    Gosh these look so yummy! I made my very first gingerbread house tis year and I love truffles. I will try to recreate this and see how it turns out.
  • comment-avatar
    Nikki December 27, 2016 (8:13 pm)
    They look so yummy and seem pretty simple to make too! I'll add them ot my Christmas baking list next year for sure. Thanks for sharing! x www.twentysomethingmuddle.com
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar December 28, 2016 (4:28 am)
      That would be fantastic - Thanks Nikki n look forward to you trying them :)
  • comment-avatar
    Heather A Lawrence December 27, 2016 (10:38 pm)
    For the substitute:You can use Digestive Biscuits + Graham Cracker how much of each would I use? We destroyed the gingerbread house and there aren't any crumbs left over and I would love to try out this recipe.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar December 28, 2016 (5:18 am)
      Hey Heather, oh I'm so happy to hear you want to try the recipe. For the substitute, you can use 1 cup of Digestive Biscuit+Graham Cracker mix. Hope you'll enjoy the truffles soon - Thanks, Molly
  • comment-avatar
    Jasmine December 27, 2016 (11:14 pm)
    What a great idea! These look so pretty and perfect for a adult table to snack on.
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar December 28, 2016 (4:26 am)
      Thanks Jasmine - They make an absolute delicious anytime snacks.
  • comment-avatar
    Milena December 27, 2016 (11:15 pm)
    I love making something new out of leftovers! This is a great idea that we will have to try!
  • comment-avatar
    Liz Mays December 27, 2016 (11:18 pm)
    Oh this is such a clever idea! I can't get enough of that gingerbread cookie flavor. I think I'd like these!
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar December 28, 2016 (3:35 am)
      Thanks Liz, I'm so happy that you liked the recipe.
  • comment-avatar
    Joyce Blodgett December 28, 2016 (1:31 am)
    These sound fabulous, although I'll have to either make or buy gingerbread cookies. I think they'd also be wonderful rolled in cinnamon sugar, so may try that. I'll have to be careful, though, as nobody in my family observes the incoming new year, so there is no one with whom to share these (awww, don't you feel sorry for me, "having to" eat these all by myself? NO!!)
  • comment-avatar
    Krysten December 28, 2016 (5:47 am)
    I have been trying to figure out something to do with my left over cookies! Thank you so much for this!
  • comment-avatar
    Meg Kerns December 29, 2016 (4:00 pm)
    I'm so sad, this year I didn't get to make cookies as usual. Life got busy and with two sick kiddos cookies were the last thing on my mind. I may sneak over to my moms and 'borrow' some of hers. These look amazing. New Year Cookies, anyone?
    • comment-avatar
      Molly Kumar December 29, 2016 (4:16 pm)
      Awee Meg, I hope the kiddo's are feeling much better and offcourse you can try these from whatever leftover cookies you have. If you're making them with digestive/graham crackers, just add the gingerbread seasoning for the flavor. I'm so glad you liked the recipe and YES to New Year Cookies :)
  • comment-avatar
    Cynthia Williamston December 29, 2016 (4:57 pm)
    What a great recipe and I can use them in gingerbread houses too. They would make cute snowmen.