Cabbage Soup with Turmeric and Ginger is a light broth with soothing and healing flavors of turmeric and ginger.
Cabbage Soup with Turmeric and Ginger: especially useful for flu/cold or a cough.
Come spring or for that matter even fall/winter, and change in weather, many of us are down with bad cold, fever or just a general feeling of uneasiness.
And that’s when this recipe of a warm Cabbage Soup with Turmeric and Ginger comes most handy.
It heals us internally, nourishes the body with essential minerals+vitamins that in turn gives us energy to go on with everyday life.
It’s Made Using Basic Pantry Ingredients:
Turmeric (natural antiseptic & healer),
Ginger (both works wonders & soothes throat).
The warm light-golden broth relieves and soothes the itchy throat and also opens up your appetite which many of us lose after consuming medicines.
With so many benefits, the best part about it is that it’s ready in 10 minutes or less.
You can call this one of your #CleanEats recipes as well cause it’s easily digested, pretty low calorie and can be served to any age group.
The Broth Can Be Made Using Either:
Homemade or Storebought Veggie Stock (I prefer low sodium)
Although I would recommend using plain water or homemade stock as it’s more healthy.
Serving the Soup:
This soup is pretty light hence it can be served as sides or you can even add some cooked rice, beans and other vegetables to convert it into a wholesome meal.
This soup is great to serve during fever or when tummy is not well.
It’s also a great mood enhancer and helps fights the winter blues.
You Can Also Enjoy these Soup Recipes:
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 2 Cups Water - you can use mild vegetarian stock too
- 1/2 Large Onion – Chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 Medium Cabbage (White) - Chopped into small cubes
- 1 Cup Carrots - Chopped into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp Ginger – Thinly Grated (You can increase or decrease this as per taste)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil – You can even use butter or any light oil for this recipe
** Seasoning ***
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Rosemary - OPTIONAL
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Heat pan on high and add oil.
- Now add onions and sauté till onions turn slightly pink (About 2 minutes).
- Add, chopped carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped cabbage, seasoning and sauté everything together.
- Add water, ginger, close the lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- If you want the vegetables to be mushy, please cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in individual bowls and serve hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 14 Sodium 607mg Carbohydrates 3g Sugar 2g