Eggless Banana Walnut Cake : one of the easiest way to use spotty or over-ripe bananas. This is a mini cake and the flavor is absolutely delicious.
A very long due post, but finally it’s here.
This is a simple, easy and a medium size cake recipe which caters especially to a lot of my friends who don’t eat eggs or are always looking for recipes which would use overripe bananas.
It’s one recipe where you can hide those super-ripe or even spotty bananas and still everyone is going to love the cake.
This cake can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. I’m using walnuts in it however you may completely omit this ingredient or use any dry fruit of choice or chocolate.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 37 minutes
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour – Optional
- 1 Large Ripe Banana’s – Cut into medium pieces
- 1/4 Cup chopped Walnuts – You can use any other nut of choice
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence – You may use banana essence or omit this step
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 5-6 Chocolate Chip for decoration - Optional
- Note: Pre-heat the oven at 180 c
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and chopped walnuts evenly – Dry Ingredients
- Now, in a food processor bowl, add ripe banana, oil, vanilla essence, yogurt, sugar and pulse for 2 minutes (Or till banana’s are properly mashed and it forms a thick even paste) – Banana Paste
- Now empty the thick banana paste to a large bowl and carefully fold/mix the dry ingredients until a thick smooth mixture is formed. (Please make sure there are no lumps as it may result in uneven cake texture).
- Now pour the mixture into an oven dish (already buttered) and bake for 35 minutes at 180 c. (Please keep an eye while the cake is being baked since oven settings differ)
- After 35 minutes, take the cake out of the oven and place it on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into desired sizes and serve fresh.
Amount Per ServingCalories 243 Total Fat 10g Carbohydrates 33g Protein 6g