Easy Healthy Pesto Shrimp Pasta recipe combines the bold flavors of succulent shrimp, vibrant pesto, and wholesome pasta to create a dish that’s not only a feast for the taste buds but also a nutritious addition to your meal repertoire.
Easy Healthy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make when I am feeling lazy and just want to relax on the sofa and binge-watch some Netflix shows without sacrificing the quality of my food 😋.
It is easy, quick, and versatile, and I can use whatever ingredients I have on hand to create a delicious sauce. One of my go-to recipes is this pasta, which is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
And I particularly love this recipe as it’s extremely easy and healthy too as I’m using ‘semolina pasta’ with less cheese.
So we are saving on the extra calories from white flour pasta and using less of cheese.
Pesto Shrimp Pasta Ingredients:
As easy as the recipe looks, the ingredients are simple and easily found in any home. Lets gather them:
Pasta – I’m using semolina pasta but you can use any regular pasta
Pesto – you can use homemade or store-bought pesto paste
Shrimp – I’m using deveined, cooked, and peeled shrimp, you can use clean raw shrimp too
Peas – using frozen peas, you can use fresh or skip it altogether
Tomatoes – I’m using cherry tomatoes as they add a nice sweet-tart taste, but you can use regular tomatoes too.
Seasoning: chili flakes, black pepper powder and salt.
Olive Oil – to make the pasta
How to Make Pesto Shrimp Pasta :
You will be amazed by how the fresh and aromatic pesto sauce complements the juicy and tender shrimp in this one-pot wonder.
The pasta is so flavorful and satisfying that you will be tempted to have more than one serving…so don’t hesitate and let’s get cooking 😺.
As with all pasta recipes, we start by boiling the water along with some salt and oil (to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick).
Then add the raw pasta and let it cook as per package instructions. Once cooked, drain the water and keep the pasta in the mesh.
Now, heat a pan with some oil.
Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add seasoning and saute. Add frozen peas and saute for 2 minutes.
Now, add the pesto and saute everything.
Add tomatoes and saute.
Add shrimp, saute and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add cooked and drained pasta and saute for a minute.
Let this cook on low flame and saute for 3 minutes.
Finally, add cheese and mix everything together.
Check for seasoning and pesto flavor before turning off the heat.
Once all is done, turn off the heat and transfer to serving bowls.
Add chopped cilantro (as per choice) or fresh black pepper and chili flakes.
- Lean Protein: Shrimp is an excellent source of lean protein, essential for muscle repair and overall body function.
- Whole Grains: Opting for whole wheat, semolina or gluten-free pasta provides complex carbohydrates and fiber, promoting sustained energy levels.
- Nutrient-rich: tomatoes, peas and basil contribute essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron and vitamin K.
- Heart-Healthy Fats: Olive oil and pine nuts contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, supporting cardiovascular health.
This dish is a great way to show your love and appreciation to your partner with a mouthwatering meal that requires minimal effort 😉
When you taste the Earthy flavors of the pesto sauce romanced with the umami burst of the shrimp paste in this one-pot comforting pasta meal you won’t be able to resist your tastebuds from asking for a second or third helping….
My favorite way to serve this pasta is along with a great dry white wine or your favorite white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
For food pairing, you can serve it along with fresh simple salads, sauteed veggies, fish or meaty dishes.
You can also pair it with lemonade or choice of sparkling soda.
This recipe is not only a time-saving solution for busy weeknights but also a surefire way to impress family and friends with your culinary prowess.
So, gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and indulge in the delightful fusion of flavors in this wholesome and satisfying dish. Bon appétit ❤️
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1/2 pound of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 8 ounces of semolina pasta*
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups water - to boil pasta
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Cook the Pasta:
- Heat a large pasta pot and add water.
- Add salt and 1 tsp oil and bring this to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook as per package instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the water and let the pasta on the sieve Keep aside.
Make the Healthy Pesto Shrimp Pasta:
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the seasoning and saute.
- Now add frozen peas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the pesto saute and saute everything.
- Add tomatoes and saute.
- Add shrimp, saute and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and saute for a minute.
- Let this cook on low flame and saute for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add cheese and mix everything.
- Check for seasoning and pesto flavor before turning off the heat.
- Once all is done, turn off the heat and transfer to serving bowls.
- Add chopped cilantro (as per choice) or fresh black pepper and chili flakes.
- Enjoy hot.
Shrimp: I'm using cooked shrimp, you can use raw fresh shrimp too but it needs to be cooked for longer.
Pasta: I'm using semolina pasta, but you can use any pasta including gluten-free, lentil or whole grain pasta too.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 800Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 261mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 143gFiber: 12gSugar: 6gProtein: 60g