Indian Curry Shrimp Fried Rice: flavorful, spicy, and ready in 15 minutes, this fried rice is made using shrimp, corn, broccoli and curry powder. Perfect for quick meals, picnics or even packed lunches.
What is Curry Shrimp Fried Rice?
This is the Indian version of fried rice using Indian curry powder, shrimp with seasonal veggies like sweet corn and broccoli.
One of my favorite goto meals on a weekday is fried rice and this one is a Hot Fav!
It is a great mix of sweet-spicy flavors and literally ready in 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Indian Shrimp Fried Rice
It has pretty simple ingredients that can be easily found in any Indian or your local grocery stores:
- Shrimp: I always use uncooked deviened and peeled
- Cooked Rice: you can use jasmine rice or any kind of rice you have in hand (including multi-colored rice)
- Curry Powder: just make sure it’s not garam masala as you do not want that here.
- Seasonal Veggies: I’m using sweet corn and broccoli, use as per choice and availability.
- Hot Sauce: can use sambal, sriracha or any other red/green/yellow hot sauce
Making the Fried Rice:
We start by first cooking the shrimp in curry + hot sauce.
Then in the same pan, we cook the veggies.
Then we add cooked shrimp and rice to the sauteed veggies.
Mix and saute everything together.
And the dish is ready in 15 minutes.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Authentic Restaurant Style)
Curried Tofu Fried Rice (Indian Curry Rice + Vegan + GF)
Indian Curry Shrimp Fried Rice
Indian Curry Shrimp Fried Rice: flavorful, spicy, and ready in 15 minutes, this fried rice is made using shrimp, corn, broccoli, and curry powder. Perfect for quick meals, picnics, or even packed lunches.
- 1 Cup Fresh Shrimp (deveined and peeled) *
- 3 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Large Onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 Cup Broccoli (chopped in bite-size pieces)
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn (can use fresh or frozen)
- 1.5 Tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sambal Sauce (use any hot sauce you like)
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- 4 Tbsp Sesame Oil (can use any light oil)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan or wok.
- Add shrimp, 1/2tsp curry powder, 1 tsp hot sauce, and saute until shrimps are cooked and turn orange on both sides (takes about 4-5 minutes). Keep stirring.
- Remove the cooked shrimp to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan/wok, add 2 tbsp oil and add the sweet corn.
- Saute the sweet corn for 2 minutes over medium flames (until charring on both sides).
- Add chopped broccoli, and saute everything on medium flame. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, all the sauces (hot sauce, and soy sauce), and vinegar. Saute everything for a minute.
- Now add the cooked shrimp, and cooked rice.
- Saute everything together and cook for 3-4 minutes (keep stirring in between to cook everything evenly).
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the serving bowl.
- Enjoy hot or cold
Curry Powder: this is a typical Indian curry powder you get in any stores (not garam masala)
Cooked Rice: you can use any kind of white rice (goes best with jasmine rice).
Hot Sauce: I'm using sambal sauce, but you can use any hot sauce of choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 2000mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g
No Replies to "Indian Curry Shrimp Fried Rice"